• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mitch Mehdy Appreciation Thread

95 posts in this topic

Mitch has never engaged in personal attacks on anyone.

It takes the small pee-brain mentality to call me a buffoon. I take personal offense to that comment, and just because I can wipe my ASSSS with your comic book collection, I intend to respond to your comment.

This is the first one that comes to mind, as I can't be bothered to read back through any more posts.

they meant besides that one.

Mitch has never engaged in personal attacks on anyone.

It takes the small pee-brain mentality to call me a buffoon. I take personal offense to that comment, and just because I can wipe my ASSSS with your comic book collection, I intend to respond to your comment.

This is the first one that comes to mind, as I can't be bothered to read back through any more posts.

they meant besides that one.

(tsk)

careful, you have entered the den of sycophants here.

not sychophants. just that Mitch has become, and earned, the spot reserved for Board person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, but for all teh abuse he receives he (ahem) RARELY responds to the daily abuse and ridicule. Compared to former title holders like Ian and JC, Mitch is the very poster child of decorum in the face of ridicule.

that was my point. I didnt go back to all his posts and kind of expected my blanket statement to be disprovable. On the whole, you have to admit he takes his punches and keeps on swinging for the fences!

in this vein, he doesnt bother me as much as the other angry misfits who just want to pick fights. and lets face it: restored books ARE toilet paper!

: )

not sychophants. just that Mitch has become, and earned, the spot reserved for Board person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, but for all teh abuse he receives he (ahem) RARELY responds to the daily abuse and ridicule. Compared to former title holders like Ian and JC, Mitch is the very poster child of decorum in the face of ridicule.

that was my point. I didnt go back to all his posts and kind of expected my blanket statement to be disprovable. On the whole, you have to admit he takes his punches and keeps on swinging for the fences!

in this vein, he doesnt bother me as much as the other angry misfits who just want to pick fights. and lets face it: restored books ARE toilet paper!

: )

+1

Except the part about restored comics.

Sorry, but a lightning rod for Jerry Springer sessions - and someone who certainly seems to enjoy insidiously yanking the chains of others - does not impress me in the slightest.

Sorry, but a lightning rod for Jerry Springer sessions - and someone who certainly seems to enjoy insidiously yanking the chains of others - does not impress me in the slightest.

+1

And I'm still waiting to see a single book that he owns.

One. Freakin'. Book.

MANNUP!.

His posts concerning buying from auction houses rather than dealers haven't been all that swell, either.

Though to be fair... he's not alone on these boards with sentiments like that. Over in CG somebody posted about finding a 1941 GL #1, and everybody leaped in immediately telling him to consign it to auction. I don't think a single poster suggested a major dealer be considered as a selling route.

a big shout out to Mitch

i for one appreciate your valuable insight, experience and opinions on the comic hobby

please keep your very informative posts coming and ignore the haters!

kudos to Mitch

Actually, I think the two of you are made for one another. You can cheerlead the Silver Age bandwagon, while Mitch gives us minute-by-minute accounts, often times contradicting, of the Golden Age market.

By the way, I miss your ALL CAPS POSTS in General. :foryou:

His posts concerning buying from auction houses rather than dealers haven't been all that swell, either.

Though to be fair... he's not alone on these boards with sentiments like that. Over in CG somebody posted about finding a 1941 GL #1, and everybody leaped in immediately telling him to consign it to auction. I don't think a single poster suggested a major dealer be considered as a selling route.

Well, then they're big fat weenies, too.

a big shout out to Mitch

i for one appreciate your valuable insight, experience and opinions on the comic hobby

kudos to Mitch

This is like an endorsement for the bubonic plague from the man who sells rats.

a big shout out to Mitch

kudos to Mitch

This is like an endorsement for the bubonic plague from the man who sells rats.

afjaprats.jpg