• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage May Art Auction Results Thread

159 posts in this topic

I wonder if the cover's price may have been due to more of the fact that it was part of the "Maximum Carnage" storyline, which I knew about without reading comics when I was young because of the video game / outside media exposure...

Wasn't a part of Maximum Carnage. That was a 14-part (?) crossover that came later.

This cover was part 3 of the first (3-part) story that introduced Carnage, so it's his third appearance, after 361 and 362.

Ah, I see. I saw Carnage and was thrown for a minute there. Good thing I didn't decide to bid on it then hah.

Wow. No live bidding on KJ page

Yeah 19k before she even brought up the lot. I had thought it was around 20k when I saw it in the catalog for the first time. One of the instances where all the bidding happened before the gavel, lol.

I was out on the Everett page at $3200.

MI

You were the delayed bid that started it all up again.

:cry:

Oh, it thought it was polite applause to mark the end of my collecting days....

Well... at least I can still get Transformers art at a reasonable price... That is until I hit the lottery so I can buy a single iconic Kirby page :P .

FF #55 page sells for $155,350. Applause in the room to commemorate the top of the market. :P

lol

The slow relentlessness of your overwhelming optimism is winning me over.

Brave and the Bold #34 cover went for about $90K. How does that compare with the price it was shopped-around at in recent years?

It was shopped for $150K and then for $100K if I recall correctly