• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage May Art Auction Results Thread

159 posts in this topic

Are there any public Silver Age Marvel art sales that surpass the FF #55 page result? Not too much springs to mind, covers or interiors.

Romita Sr's ASM #49 (1967) went for 167K (with BP) so that's a silver age cover on HA.com.

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7036&lotNo=92218

Thank you, I had it in my head that was just under $150k for some reason.

X-Men 197 cover $13,145

Slightly above average there. I was expecting $11k-12k tops.

That Tim Sale Dark Victory Splash went cheap I thought. I bid and I might have been the under bidder but I didn't want to go higher.

Malvin

I've been a buyer on Sale for a while now and the two Batman series have been headed steadily upward. The nicest stuff is very tough to come by without a fight.

The Daredevil, and Spider-man books as well. I've seen some serious movement on the key sequences and the best of the covers from those series.

The Hulk book was always less expensive than the others.

I think that page is a bit awkward and not what buyers are looking for overall. A 4 panel page of Batman fighting mobsters sold for almost that much on Ebay last week.

That Tim Sale Dark Victory Splash went cheap I thought. I bid and I might have been the under bidder but I didn't want to go higher.

Malvin

I think that page is a bit awkward and not what buyers are looking for overall. A 4 panel page of Batman fighting mobsters sold for almost that much on Ebay last week.

I agree with your thoughts on the Dark Victory Splash Chris. I thought it was cheap b/c a panel page went for about the same amount, even though that panel page was from TLH (and this was from DV). However, the pose in that splash is not exactly iconic, that's why I didn't go higher when my bid and I guess most people in the market agree!

Malvin

Malvin

I agree with your thoughts on the Dark Victory Splash Chris. I thought it was cheap b/c a panel page went for about the same amount, even though that panel page was from TLH (and this was from DV). However, the pose in that splash is not exactly iconic, that's why I didn't go higher when my bid and I guess most people in the market agree!

Malvin

Malvin if you were not the under bidder then I probably was. I'm pretty sure I was the hit at 1000 and was out bid and thinking of going again when poof it closed. The reason I hesitated was basically for the reasons discussed. While it was a full figure, the actual pose looks awkward, even though I know he is getting shot.

Still think it was well bought and I probably should have had another go at 1200.

Congrats to all those who won something, have to say that I was surprised to come up empty on this auction, but them's the breaks I guess.

Oh and Malvin, your splash kicks this one to pieces. :cloud9:

Going into the auction I was mainly interested in the conan72 splash and the Frazetta Johnny Comet 2/27/61 strip. One I figured i had a shot at but not the othe,r ended up the opposite way around.

Conan #72 splash one of the nicest Buscema splash from the series. I was going after it hard but dropped out at 5k I know any pages with Belit have been seeing high prices but $9.2k is a new record for a Conan Buscema splash. WOW!

The Frazetta had it all girl, car and a my bday (16 years too early but still the same day of the year). I ended up winning it, my first Frazetta. I am thrilled!

Didn't end up getting anything else. Still a very good day.

No one has mentioned the FF 81 splash that went for 40k with the juice. I loved that one and was sorely tempted, but thought it was more of a 20-25k piece. I have to rethink the Kirby FF pricing structure. Glad I didn't get my hopes up on this one.

Scott

Going into the auction I was mainly interested in the conan72 splash and the Frazetta Johnny Comet 2/27/61 strip. One I figured i had a shot at but not the othe,r ended up the opposite way around.

Conan #72 splash one of the nicest Buscema splash from the series. I was going after it hard but dropped out at 5k I know any pages with Belit have been seeing high prices but $9.2k is a new record for a Conan Buscema splash. WOW!

The Frazetta had it all girl, car and a my bday (16 years too early but still the same day of the year). I ended up winning it, my first Frazetta. I am thrilled!

Didn't end up getting anything else. Still a very good day.

Brian congrats on the acquisition :applause: I too was interested in the Splash and blown away by the final Hammer. You can get a nice Buscema Cover for that kind of dough.