• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eaglemoss stopping production?

51 posts in this topic

They even do larger figures such as these...

5710568750_bae03b0652.jpg

2383458353_a3ff18c953.jpg

3193775168_ca895688a8_z.jpg

The Fin Fang Foom is badass. :headbang:

+1...do you own that bad boy?

Yes. I have a FFF. He's the bees knees. :luhv:

Awesome. Some of the figures I've seen ( Tigra ) aren't that great, but when they get it right, it's a homerun like that FFF.

Yeah. Some of the figs have pretty boring poses. Wolverine and Spidey come to mind.

The FFF was incredible, as were all of the Bat-machines. I wish I'd picked those up because they sell for a lot more than I'll pay now. :cry:

Galactus and Thanos are pretty beast as well.

I've read on a few boards that Eaglemoss is shutting down production and ending their comic figurines. I can't find an official announcement anywhere, though.

Just curious if anyone knows if this is official or not. :cry:

It seems official. Ends at #200.

http://marvel-figurines.blogspot.com/2012/05/announcement-from-team.html

:cry:

Oh man !!!

My son is gonna be PI S SED!!! He LOVES those! I've bought him like 20 and he makes me drive him to all 3 LCS in the area every weekend to check for new ones he hasnt seen but wants. he's gonna lose it if those things disappear :o

The FFF is sweet Dice but personally, i LOVE the Thanos and Sentinel the most. I've been dying to find a Vision but no luck. Your Ms. Marvel is freaking awesome also, havent seen that at any of my stores :sorry:

I have a MAJOR crush on Carol Danvers :cloud9:

I may be able to hook you up with a Vision if you're interested.

Let me know any others you're looking for. I have a few connections. :gossip:

http://marvel-figurines.blogspot.com/2012/05/announcement-from-team.html?commentPage=1

In the Comments Section:

Dan The Man said...

Thanks for all the comments!

All good things must come to an end, and as time has rolled on, we went from "this is definitely getting another 20" to "oh sh**, it ain't gonna happen is it?".

I still thought we may of had a slim chance until I was told today of the FINAL decision. I wanted to tell you guys as soon as I had a definite answer.

There are a myriad of factors taken into consideration to extend or not - a lot of these factors are above my understanding, but I can only guess that production costs rising are a major reason, then you add in the fact that EM would of possibly had to re-negotiate the license with Disney ($$$)?.

I know it sounds simple to just increase the cover price, but there must be a solid reason why EM are against this (I'm sure they have considered it). Possibly the difficulty in getting all current subscribers to agree to the change is the reason. bare in mind there are still 20 issues to sell to a limited subs base - so at what point do we suggest this to subscribers? as we would need to keep as many subscribers on board for the last 20 (#200) as possible, but would also need to press on with production of the next 20 (#201-220). and if say 20% bail we would be stuck with another 20 issues that would make a loss. That don't make a good business plan.

Factor in the possible licensing issues that would cost money and you can begin to see the reasoning behind the decision.

Of course EM are developing new ideas (as any forward thinking company would) and they need to make staffing decisions for upcoming projects that will hopefully make a ton more money than the current/outgoing ones. Editorial costs (our salaries) are also a factor!

I don't know all the facts but this is how I personally see it. And I'm still on the CMFC for the current, so I will continue to do the best I can until the last issue. We have got some top characters coming up and I hope you can stick with me to see out the best thing I've ever worked on!

3 May 2012 20:32

Oh man !!!

My son is gonna be PI S SED!!! He LOVES those! I've bought him like 20 and he makes me drive him to all 3 LCS in the area every weekend to check for new ones he hasnt seen but wants. he's gonna lose it if those things disappear :o

The FFF is sweet Dice but personally, i LOVE the Thanos and Sentinel the most. I've been dying to find a Vision but no luck. Your Ms. Marvel is freaking awesome also, havent seen that at any of my stores :sorry:

DUDE!!! I will forever be indebted to you for a Vision!!! (worship)

Where can i find a list cus i know a few my son wants but not even sure if they made the characters he wants. He almost mess his pants when he saw they had M.O.D.O.K a couple months ago! lol

Is there a list of them somewhere?

My sons early OCD is obsessed with getting whichever one is #1 :screwy:

#1 is the Spider-Man in the boring pose.

Oh man !!!

DUDE!!! I will forever be indebted to you for a Vision!!! (worship)

Where can i find a list cus i know a few my son wants but not even sure if they made the characters he wants. He almost mess his pants when he saw they had M.O.D.O.K a couple months ago! lol

I think I can even get you a MODOK. He's a big figure though and costs more than the regular ones.

Marvel Checklist

DC Checklist

As a whole, the DCs are better than the Marvels. They made them slightly larger and less boring sculpts.

Awesome, thanks!!! (worship)

I surprised him already with the MODOK, I think it was like $34 or $38. There's definitely a few he and I want that we can't find. I DEFINITELY want Vision and I'll go over the list with him and PM you. If you could hook us up, you'll be even more DA MAN than you are now buddy! :foryou:

Thanks for those. There are so many of these things that I still want. :cry:

I almost wish they'd start the Marvel series over and redo the boring sculpts they did on the main characters.

The DC's still blow the Marvels away.

We have 4 DC's and 8 Marvel's. My favs for sentimental reasons are Power Man & Iron Fist. But the Green Lantern and Batman we have are probably the sweetest.

Dude, they're phenomenal. Hand painted and excellent scupts.

The prices on them range from $10 to $50 from the factory.

Some of them are out of production and command a pretty penny on eBay.

I've been picking one up here and one there. I love them.

eaglemoss_alan_scott1.jpgeaglemoss-2-batmobile-1966.jpg3457846162_06d7dc7492_z.jpgeaglemoss-avengersupdate4.jpgeaglemoss-avengersupdate3.jpg

.....they are totally cool. Recently got Odin and the Puppet Master.....they're a great statue for the "storage challenged". GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. A person with a deep inventory of them would probably do VERY well setting up at large shows.

....one of my favorites is the ASM Giveaway premium with him crouched on a roof top. I started out only looking for Spidey and his Rogues Gallery. I still need a Lizard. I'm also sorely in need of Fin Fang Foom. I've probably got about 40 of them now. GOD BLESS...

I just have Hellcat, but I've been wanting to buy more. (thumbs u

I have the Hellcat too, it's a pretty sweet figure. I really wanted the Ms. Marvel too, but they made her face so..ughh.

I just have Hellcat, but I've been wanting to buy more. (thumbs u

I have the Hellcat too, it's a pretty sweet figure. I really wanted the Ms. Marvel too, but they made her face so..ughh.

....which is unfortunate....Eaglemoss usually seems to do such a good job with the female figurines. GOD BLESS...