• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another ACTION COMICS # 1

26 posts in this topic

http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35752&item=2250490052&rd=1

My favorite quote from the description: "The photos show everything very well." 893frustrated.gif

Still, from what I can make out, it looks like a *real* Action # 1 and not a reprint. If so, the only question is, does he really own it or are those stolen pics?

Anyone want to tack a chance on a 0 feedback eBayer from Puerto Rico? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The auction linked in the OP was ended, but luckily this lovely item has been relisted:

Link

I'm a little curious about what this is. It's not a FFE (notice the glare lines on the front fender). Some other reprint? Doctored photos maybe? confused-smiley-013.gif

The auction linked in the OP was ended, but luckily this lovely item has been relisted:

Link

I'm a little curious about what this is. It's not a FFE (notice the glare lines on the front fender). Some other reprint? Doctored photos maybe? confused-smiley-013.gif

Isn't one of the only other reprints besides the FFE missing the bouncing rocks off the bonnet?

Isn't one of the only other reprints besides the FFE missing the bouncing rocks off the bonnet?

You must be thinking of a different issue, UV. Superman isn't wearing a bonnet on Action # 1 or any of the reprints.

Oh! You meant the hood of the car! Soory, guv'ner!

You must be thinking of a different issue, UV. Superman isn't wearing a bonnet on Action # 1 or any of the reprints.

Oh! You meant the hood of the car! Soory, guv'ner!

laugh.gif I spell it wrong?

Link

Check this link again...

Seems like there's some serious wishful thinking going on.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if it was for real?

27_laughing.gif

Time to bumpit.gif this thread as there's another Action # 1 on eBay.

Linky-dink

24_1.JPG

Despite the "added information from the seller", this *is* the Famous First Edition, not the original. And at the shape it's in, is almost worthless. Shame as the bidding is over $300 right now.

Just a word of caution in case any forum members here were thinking it was authentic

flowerred.gif

Seller notes "size is roughly 8x10 I believe, this is not the biier reprint that came out in the 70's that measured about 10x13, thanks"

The trimming is pretty obvious based on any example of the real book. I wrote the seller to advise that the copy is a reprint. Based on the updated posting the seller might be aware that the auction is suspect. He/she added “in any case so everyone knows, Item is sold as is”, it appears that this seller may be a tad unscrupulous to proceed with the auction.

headbang.gif

My error in assuming the selling was suspect. Based on his response to me, he obviously practiced due diligence in determining the authenticity of the book. foreheadslap.gif

Sent : Sunday, September 12, 2004 8:15 AM

To :

Subject : Re: Question for item #2269410499 - Super-man # 1 superman action comics 1938 NR

doesn't appear to be trimmed to me, but if your not interested just do not bid, thank you

24_1.JPG

Filter81 is advertising his original Action #1. The missing bottom and left side of the jessls813 copy is obvious when compared side by side. If the book is the correct size as jessls813 states, then it would have had to be trimmed down by several inches, making this the larger reprint copy. Bidding is already over $900 so someone is in for an expensive mistake. gossip.gif

24_1.JPG

Action11.jpg