• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should I resub this? X-Men 129...

27 posts in this topic

I keep looking at this book and I'm not sure what to do.

It looks great to me but I'm curious as to what some of your opinions on this may be.

** The bright green arrow I put on the back of the book points to a mark which is actually part of the inner well within the slab **

xmen129-lrgB.jpg

xmen129bk-lrgB22.jpg

....looks 9.6 or so.....the upper corner abrasion seems too much for 9.8. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think that's a highlight on the plastic but I don't see it in hand.

Yes, white pages and it's in a red Modern CGC slab... 9.4

....looks 9.6 or so.....the upper corner abrasion seems too much for 9.8. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think that's a highlight on the plastic but I don't see it in hand.

Yes, white pages and it's in a red Modern CGC slab... 9.4

resub!

I just dont see anything that would knock that below a 9.6 and really 9.8 (shrug)

Ditto, crack it out to get it out of the too old sealed chamber. Then resubmit it, as a modern, $25.

I had a modern label 9.6 ASM 188, I cracked it out as a test to see how it's done, before doing my AF 15 to resubmit. I cannot see anything wrong with my #188, though it is a black cover issue.

Do it.

if you resub without pressing, send it in a slab and let CGC cracked it out for you...won't matter to the graders

if you want press first, mail the slab to the presser(Joey, Matt, or KOR) and let them crack it out for you.

unless you are comfortable to crack the book out yourself and then deal with the potential of damage of shipping. Leaving it as is when you ship, if it is cracked during the shipping process...so be it....no harm, no foul.

yes, and if CGC disagrees, they will charge you the next tier up.

I sub many books in the same invoice and it is rare that CGC will bump one of my books that didn't fit the category.

One last quick question...

On the CGC submission form there is a spot for the certification number under the title "Re-submission only" or something to that effect.

I'm assuming I would fill this out so they can take it out of the census?