• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cover recreations by excelsior1986!

29 posts in this topic

I posted this in the other thread but since its so long, i wanted to bring a little more attention to it. He had a thread selling some cover recreations he did and i asked him to do a Avengers 57 for me. Just got the pic of the finished product and couldnt be happier! I know he had a little drama here last week and some people werent thrilled with his "choices" but the dude definitely has some talent! if anyone wants to have a cover done to have in their house, i'd HIGHLY recommend sending Austin a PM!

heres the avengers 57 he did for me! :cloud9:

I cant wait to get it in hand and hang it in my comic room!

vision1.jpg

That is awesome!

We have to convince Austin to do bigger recreations. I'd like the covers to be much larger in size

If you want to frame it, Michaels was having a sale on document frames with clear backs so you can also see the signature. I'll PM you a picture if you want

I'm pretty sure they are 11x14 IIRC

Most guys who do recreations use a lightbox or a projector. Is that what he uses? If so he probably needs a larger light table or work in sections.

Most guys who do recreations use a lightbox or a projector. Is that what he uses? If so he probably needs a larger light table or work in sections.

I'm not sure. I know in one of those threads, someone asked and i want to say he said he doesn't use a lightbox but honestly i'm not sure???

Hopefully,maybe he'll chime in and can give you guys all the fine details (shrug)

I'm not sure. I know in one of those threads, someone asked and i want to say he said he doesn't use a lightbox but honestly i'm not sure???

Hopefully,maybe he'll chime in and can give you guys all the fine details (shrug)

Oh I found it. He prints the cover backwards on tracing paper and then transfers the outline to the paper he's working on.

It's incredibly difficult to get the lettering straight without lightboxing or doing what he's doing. In order to have the proportions right and make sure everything is in line it had to be something like that.

the dude definitely has some talent!

He definitely does!

I've been impressed with everything I've seen him do. Good stuff.

+1

I bought this on HA last month for a decent amount more than Austin charged me for the Avengers 57 and honestly, i see little if any difference in the quality of work (worship)

av2splash.jpg

Whats a typical cover recreation go for.? Looking for a cover for a cover less copy of Hulk 1. Was wondering where to get one made. I purchased a Amazing Fantasy 15 recreation a few years ago , cant remember what I paid.

Excelsior , if ya get a chance PM me what a recreation of Hulk1 would be . Thanks.