• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Asbury Park Comic Con Pics! :D

17 posts in this topic

So I saw a thread about the con in the 'events' section, called Pat, and off we were the next day (with my friend Andrea in tow) to Jersey. I personally love Asbury Park so I couldn't wait to go!

The convention itself was small. But for $5 who cares. It was in the Asbury Park Bowling Alley, a very retro chic alley with a swanky bar. Seriously, this bowling alley looks awesome. The convention maybe had 200 people, and it felt more like an artists alley. We wound up taking a seat next to Mike and Ming from Comic Book Men. We started talking, one thing led to another, and Andrea and I got interviewed on their 'I Sell Comics' (if I remember correct) podcast about women in comics, our Girls Only Comic Club, and the show. It was *awesome*. Ming and Mike are pretty cool dudes, and Ming is from Baltimore. I love all my dear Baltimore folk. We then went to check out the store and I have to say. It's a pretty shop. Very colorful!

Anyhow. Pat took a few pictures from the day. :)

7193392724_4caee57c78_z.jpg

7193392876_b4f03ae624_z.jpg

7193392938_ca123c2e6d_z.jpg

7193393040_992238982c_z.jpg

7193393184_f5d86e8163_z.jpg

7193393312_0a575bd972_z.jpg

7193393388_b657f32cfe_z.jpg

7193393606_8a4dc5212a_z.jpg

7193393862_ec50f0cb5e_z.jpg

7193393950_0b96e6d131_z.jpg

7193394014_d7bec3a9c0_z.jpg

Was hoping to see myself somewhere in the background in a pic as I was wandering around for a few hours but no luck. I spent quite a bit in the Bar but was fun. Wish the bowling alley was open. Not a lot of old comics (not many dealers ) but still alot of fun.

So I saw a thread about the con in the 'events' section, called Pat, and off we were the next day (with my friend Andrea in tow) to Jersey. I personally love Asbury Park so I couldn't wait to go!

The convention itself was small. But for $5 who cares. It was in the Asbury Park Bowling Alley, a very retro chic alley with a swanky bar. Seriously, this bowling alley looks awesome. The convention maybe had 200 people, and it felt more like an artists alley. We wound up taking a seat next to Mike and Ming from Comic Book Men. We started talking, one thing led to another, and Andrea and I got interviewed on their 'I Sell Comics' (if I remember correct) podcast about women in comics, our Girls Only Comic Club, and the show. It was *awesome*. Ming and Mike are pretty cool dudes, and Ming is from Baltimore. I love all my dear Baltimore folk. We then went to check out the store and I have to say. It's a pretty shop. Very colorful!

My LCS owner Patrick (thumbs u

My LCS owner Patrick (thumbs u

lol

It's my LCS too. You and I have probably stood side by side looking at comics!

Titus, Sarah and Duffy are awesome! :headbang:

Was hoping to see myself somewhere in the background in a pic as I was wandering around for a few hours but no luck. I spent quite a bit in the Bar but was fun. Wish the bowling alley was open. Not a lot of old comics (not many dealers ) but still alot of fun.

We most likely bumped into each other without knowing it!

Awesome!

Those are really high quality photos - very different from the normal digital cam look. Makes me want to start using my 35mm SLR again.

Thanks! Pat uses a Canon EOS 5D MarkII. He does photography on the side, and takes this carp more seriously than he takes me.

I'm 100000% serious.

I've heard them talking about going to this on "Tell Em Steve/Dave" and "I Sell Comics." Great to see you got to be part of the show. I will listen when it releases.

I probably sound drunk during it, so I apologize.

Asbury Park, Miss Timberlake?

I can't get past the location...., it's a Touch of Mink....., :cloud9: