• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree

26 posts in this topic

A couple of years ago I bought off ebay a More Fun Comics 111. I am not a GA collector, but it was in such a nice shape and the price was very affordable, so I did it.

Then I included it in a submission to CGC, I remember looking at the D on the cover and thinking "just imagine if it's a "D" copy", and completely missed the code written on the first page (I didn't know that David Crippen wrote a code on every comics.

Before submitting to CGC, I sent it to Kingofrulers for pressing, and he told me that it was a Crippen pedigree book, 99% sure.

The confirmation arrived from CGC, now I have a More Fun Comics 111 CGC 8.5 "Crippen" pedigree.

Least I can say, I was very pleased

One time many years ago at CGC, I found at least 1 pedigree book every day that was not submitted as a pedigree. This happened 9 days in a row!

In one submission, I discovered 3 of the books were San Francisco Marvel Mystery's. Needless to say, that submitter was in awe of what he had.

And yet, when a book with some clear distinguishing marks was recognized earlier as a pedigree by CGC but then was resubbed to you guys by someone who apparently did not notify you that it was a pedigree in the belief that that would help it get a better grade the second time around, you guys didn`t notice that it was a pedigree.

loneranger2792.jpg

loneranger2794.jpg

One time many years ago at CGC, I found at least 1 pedigree book every day that was not submitted as a pedigree. This happened 9 days in a row!

In one submission, I discovered 3 of the books were San Francisco Marvel Mystery's. Needless to say, that submitter was in awe of what he had.

And yet, when a book with some clear distinguishing marks was recognized earlier as a pedigree by CGC but then was resubbed to you guys by someone who apparently did not notify you that it was a pedigree in the belief that that would help it get a better grade the second time around, you guys didn`t notice that it was a pedigree.

loneranger2792.jpg

loneranger2794.jpg

:slapfight:

Crotchety post alert.

Since Steve and West were patting themselves on the back, I thought I'd point out that while CGC sometimes goes above and beyond the call of duty in identifying an unidentified pedigree, they sometimes miss blindingly obivous cases too.

Crotchety post alert.

Since Steve and West were patting themselves on the back, I thought I'd point out that while CGC sometimes goes above and beyond the call of duty in identifying an unidentified pedigree, they sometimes miss blindingly obivous cases too.

You are assuming I saw that book.