• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

do you have a long run in same grade?

26 posts in this topic

a few years ago, I decided to put superman 1-20 together, but I restricted myself to only blue label 3.0's... (wanted to increase challenge/difficulty and I had a 3.0 supes 1 at the time lol )...

well, I got 19 of the 20 issues in 3.0 after about a year...only one I was missing was issue 17...

after 6 more months, folks that know my patience were "shocked" when I sold the run because I couldn't find a 3.0, and didn't want to damage my 4.5 hehe

the very next month at auction, what shows up, but superman 17 in cgc 3.0 :cry:

so, my question, right now I am putting together a little timely run, and doing it only in cgc 6.0 blue ...anyone else have a string of books like that (shrug)

a few years ago, I decided to put superman 1-20 together, but I restricted myself to only blue label 3.0's... (wanted to increase challenge/difficulty and I had a 3.0 supes 1 at the time lol )...

well, I got 19 of the 20 issues in 3.0 after about a year...only one I was missing was issue 17...

after 6 more months, folks that know my patience were "shocked" when I sold the run because I couldn't find a 3.0, and didn't want to damage my 4.5 hehe

the very next month at auction, what shows up, but superman 17 in cgc 3.0 :cry:

so, my question, right now I am putting together a little timely run, and doing it only in cgc 6.0 blue ...anyone else have a string of books like that (shrug)

Monk? (shrug)

I'm not patient enough to collect books strictly by grade. I've got lengthy runs of Jungle, Jumbo and Planet Comics, but the grades are all over the place.

I'm not patient enough to collect books strictly by grade. I've got lengthy runs of Jungle, Jumbo and Planet Comics, but the grades are all over the place.

9.2--9.8 doesn't qualify as "all over the place," young man.

Which run are you assembling in 6.0?

When I started collecting Timely's my grade range was 8.0 and higher, not just 1 specific grade.

It is a timely run of which you sold me a 6.0 copy (thumbs u

Which run are you assembling in 6.0?

When I started collecting Timely's my grade range was 8.0 and higher, not just 1 specific grade.

It is a timely run of which you sold me a 6.0 copy (thumbs u

(thumbs u

Same as you buddy, I collected supes, but mine are from 1-50 and my grade range was 3.0-7.0 (and didn't have to be slabbed, just unrestored). Now have everything but the #1 :sorry::baiting::insane:
when I put batman 1-100 together again, I did it only 6.0 and above and blue...but with superman, I wanted a "challenge " (let's be honest, 1-20 can be done with a few phone calls...no "journey")... but, I still kind of regret giving up...I did buy the 3.0 #17, but I had sold all the others by then so sort of anti climatic!