• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM:My Dell Giant no. 39

4 posts in this topic

Here's the thing,id like to buy about 15 of these Dell giants from someone.

This is probably the best of the lot and im wondering if that line straight across the cover kills it to a much lower grade.

The rest of this one IIRC was pretty nice,i may have to recheck it.

A lot of them have a bit of spine rolls and battered covers.

Would some small restoration work be appropriate for these or a waste of time and money ?

thank you.

IMG_0308.jpg

Love these giants. Looks like a bit of damage on the top right corner and a white line, reading crease?, along the spine in addition to the major colour breaking crease. I don't think I could give it much better than VG. Not worth restoration and pressing couldn't come close to removing the colour breaking crease.

On the plus side the colours look very deep and rich.

Resto would be a waste of time and money. Can't really give a grade based on only seeing 2/3rds of a front cover, but a big color breaking crease like that will knock the book to somewhere less than VG condition, with a fair market value of under $10.