• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is everybody misconscrewed about Thanos in the next Avengers movie?

34 posts in this topic

Make that misconstrued. I really don't think Thanos will be in the next Avengers. The way I see it, Thanos was shown briefly just to show who was really behind the alien invasion. Not as a continuation of the story like everybody is thinking. Really do you think everyone is gonna want to see Avengers fighting a bunch of aliens again. Battling people from another world is gonna get old pretty fast. No I think we are going to see another group of superpowered baddies trying to defect the Avengers. And I'm hoping they are called the Masters Of Evil.

I remember people complaining when in Iron Man 2 IM was battling another robot over again. Same thing would be with the Avengers if they go with Thanos. Another alien invasion. Boring!

No. Hollywood gotta go with something fresh or they won't have the same kind of hit movie like this one.

I'm hoping Thanos is out.

To me it seemed like Thanos was now considering them worthy of the challenge :shrug:

So Thanos manipulates Zemo (or a reincarnated Red Skull, or whoever) the way he did Loki in The Avengers, to organize a group of villains a la The Masters of Evil.

Perhaps in the second installment Thanos is revealed as the mastermind behind all this chaos. This builds up to a direct confrontation in the third Avengers movie. Maybe the third installment could be split into 2 movies.

If there are plans for (at least) an Avengers trilogy, the threat level should build as the series progresses.

Thanos is a hard act to follow.

Imagine if the Fantastic Four comic book had started with Galactus in the first few issues, and the FF were reduced to the "threat" of the Miracle Man by issue 48. That would have been way less dramatic. 2c

So Thanos manipulates Zemo (or a reincarnated Red Skull, or whoever) the way he did Loki in The Avengers, to organize a group of villains a la The Masters of Evil.

Perhaps in the second installment Thanos is revealed as the mastermind behind all this chaos. This builds up to a direct confrontation in the third Avengers movie. Maybe the third installment could be split into 2 movies.

If there are plans for (at least) an Avengers trilogy, the threat level should build as the series progresses.

This is close to my expectations as well. There may be a few minutes of cliffhanger confrontation toward the end, just to make us sure to watch the third movie. I feel like Thanos needs some harbingers to soften up the Earth. :)

Whatever they do, they must beef-up Captain America's role.

I'm obsessed (I am seriously feeling the sting of acute OCD) with what I consider the mistake that Marvel Studios has made with both the choice of actor & the character's treatments in the two scripts we've seen Cap in.

Cap could be sucha money maker for the studio. Now I feel like the train has left the station & my dreams of escaping the hell of this small town'll never happen.

:eek:

Whatever they do, they must beef-up Captain America's role.

I'm obsessed (I am seriously feeling the sting of acute OCD) with what I consider the mistake that Marvel Studios has made with both the choice of actor & the character's treatments in the two scripts we've seen Cap in.

Cap could be sucha money maker for the studio. Now I feel like the train has left the station & my dreams of escaping the hell of this small town'll never happen.

:eek:

I hear ya, but let's see how Cap 2 and the Avengers sequel(s) play out.

Steve Rogers role as leader and moral compass of the Avengers, despite his lack of "heavy- hitting" power, was a key factor of the character IMHO.

CA certainly took a leadership role in the last act of the Avengers. And it seemed Tony Stark took note of Cap's critique during their argument, given Iron Man's sacrifice play near the end.

That's a good start.

Imagine if the Fantastic Four comic book had started with Galactus in the first few issues, and the FF were reduced to the "threat" of the Miracle Man by issue 48. That would have been way less dramatic. 2c

Could well be something like that...

With actual screen time and dialouge for Thanos, but perhaps no direct interaction with (against) the Avengers.

Although it would be kind of cool if he manipulates the Avengers to do his bidding in some way (act as an ally), and then his true nature is revealed to them (and 90% of the movie going population) at the end of the second movie... hm

I like "misconscrewed." Sounds like something the Whore of Mensa might say

And if she was no good in bed you would tell her she was assotrocious.

I like "misconscrewed." Sounds like something the Whore of Mensa might say

And if she was no good in bed you would tell her she was assotrocious.

:roflmao:

Given the rings that the terrorist leader was wearing in Iron Man 1, wasn't everyone absolutely convinced that the Mandarin was going to be the villain in IM2? How did that one turn out?

Given the rings that the terrorist leader was wearing in Iron Man 1, wasn't everyone absolutely convinced that the Mandarin was going to be the villain in IM2? How did that one turn out?

Isn't there a difference between someone with the entirely wrong ethnic background wearing some rings and people leaping to a conclusion and the actual mad titan himself grinning at the thought of "courting death".

It was an error to assume that doosh was Mandarin, but there's no mistaking who this guy was, what he wanted to do, and what the little stone in Loki's scepter was.

Isn't there a difference between someone with the entirely wrong ethnic background wearing some rings and people leaping to a conclusion and the actual mad titan himself grinning at the thought of "courting death".

It was an error to assume that doosh was Mandarin, but there's no mistaking who this guy was, what he wanted to do, and what the little stone in Loki's scepter was.

There are many clues in IM1 to believe the Mandarin would be an upcoming villain.

They actually called that terrorist group the 10 rings. There are some others clues as well but I can't recall.

I think the Mandarin is still in the works for IM but I could be wrong.

I agree as well.

I don't think Thanos will be playing a major part in the next avengers.

Probably in the 3rd installment of the Avengers he will.

Thanos is a cosmic force and I don't think the Avengers has the powers to defeat him.

BUT if the writers include Odin in the fight then they would have a chance.

Odin Vs. Thanos.

Thanos is a cosmic force and I don't think the Avengers has the powers to defeat him.

That's the whole point of Thanos. No one has the power to stop him...he stops himself because deep down he knows he's not worthy of omnipotence.

Thanos is the villain in the next Avengers movie. I don't understand how people could say he's not at this point.

Peace,

Chip