• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzzy 70

30 posts in this topic

Huzzah! Huzzah! (reminds me of my trips to the NY Renaissance Festival.)

And let's not forget "Bshroomy" and "a Hey nonny nonny".

Oops. We appear to have immediately hijacked Ian's thread.

HUZZAH!!!!!!!

Glad you got it! Was the packing ok?

Er......... yes.

It was in a box within a much bigger box which could have held two hundred comics. It was the most overpacked comic I've ever received. You couldn't have packed it any better even if the parcel had contained an Action 1 and a Detective 27.

Still five to go.

Now HOW am I going to find these last five ???????????

foreheadslap.gif C'mon, man! You know you'll find them! You've knocked over 100 books off your list since joining the boards in November. May take you some time, but you'll probably be done by the end of the year.

ComicLink have just listed a Golden Age run that includes New Adventure Comics #20, #21, #23 and #25, and Detective Comics #6 and #7.

What are the chances that the same consignor also has a N.A.C. #22, #26 or #27, and a D.C. #3 and #4 tucked away somewhere ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'd speak to Josh if I were you and see if there's anything he can do for you. popcorn.gif

ComicLink have just listed a Golden Age run that includes New Adventure Comics #20, #21, #23 and #25, and Detective Comics #6 and #7.

What are the chances that the same consignor also has a N.A.C. #22, #26 or #27, and a D.C. #3 and #4 tucked away somewhere ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'd speak to Josh if I were you and see if there's anything he can do for you. popcorn.gif

Sure he has them. He's just waiting for Ian to go nuts for a few more weeks. Then, he can nail him for an absurd amount. frown.gif

foreheadslap.gif C'mon, man! You know you'll find them! You've knocked over 100 books off your list since joining the boards in November. May take you some time, but you'll probably be done by the end of the year.

it's more like over 200 books hence the custom title "the english impatient". gossip.gifforeheadslap.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Ian,

How much difference is there in price if the same grade of Dec #3 and 4 showed up on Comiclink compared to the #6 & #7 that is currently for sale? I know $8,000+ is a lot of money for one comic but I suspect there are not a bunch of these lying around so they seem to be a bit cheap? Certainly no where near the same number of issues that you would see with SA books?

Just checked the census:

Only 1 Tec #3 and 2-#4's in the registry. Even if I had one and didn't want to sell it I would still get it slabbed just to ensure that it wasn't a PLOD. Why not confirm its value and keep it liquid. Heck it could be the top one in the census and worth a fortune. How else could you adequately insure your treasures especially since the value of such comics probably has increased dramatically year-over-year? sign-rantpost.gif