• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Selling - New Watching feature

12 posts in this topic

I put up some new books this weekend and was curious to see in my ebay section a new column identifying who is "watching" my auction. I find this to be quite interesting and was wondering what people thought of this. Does this identify the "snipers" in wating for just the curious? Too bad I can't get those "watcher" id's (Only kidding).

I put up some new books this weekend and was curious to see in my ebay section a new column identifying who is "watching" my auction. I find this to be quite interesting and was wondering what people thought of this. Does this identify the "snipers" in wating for just the curious? Too bad I can't get those "watcher" id's (Only kidding).

So far for me, it has been a 50/50 split between actual snipers and the simply curious folks(small time sells). Though anything with more than 2 watchers has always sold for me.

And for my "watching" it is more like 20/80 as I want to see the bidding wars on some books.

Not sure whether this would be an advantage or not. When I snipe, I set up the snipe and don't watch. If it's really important to me then the snipe will perform! Many a time have I forgot to check my 'watching list'.

But yes, I suppose it will help somewhat with how many have interest in the item, but it surely won't tell you the full story!