• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For $750 in shipping he had better take a plane to NY and hand deliver it to me

83 posts in this topic

I found this is a storage locker in RI this week. I also have a few more I found, But it seems this one is the most valuable of them and the only one in a plastic case. Im not sure about this item other then its value and its got a CGC label and its a 7.5 condition and it has all the pages. I was told to mention the pages are white. I dont know if that means anything...Ill be away the first day of the auction so please be patient if you have a question!!

Insurance on this item will be the same for the US and other countries. Will be going out with full insurance so please dont try to say you dont need it. Im pretty sure the book is worth at least $20,000 but ill start it at $5,000 and will leave it up as long as it reaches $10,000.

I really need the money for it so Im going to make it a 3 day auction and please be able to pay right away and Ill ship it out within 2 days. I can accept paypal, wires, and bank checks. Thank you!!

I will be listing more items this week as well!

lol

Oh so disingenuous.

What is the advantage of a seller pretending to have no idea what they have?

Exactly

Your selling something for 12000$ and you cant spent 10 miutes figuring out what you have ?

This smells

(tsk)

It's supposed to make you drool over the notion that you may have found a rube whose comics you can buy for a song. And, they're hoping it'll provide cover after they rip you off and you report them. "Duh, I didn't know funny books was worth moneys!!!"

Edited by Speedy-D

It's supposed to make you drool over the notion that you may have found a rube whose comics you can buy for a song.

It is in effect the oldest trick in the book.

It's supposed to make you drool over the notion that you may have found a rube whose comics you can buy for a song. And, they're hoping it'll provide cover after they rip you off and you report them. "Duh, I didn't know funny books was worth moneys!!!"

^^

It's supposed to give you the warm fuzzy feeling of pulling one over on some poor little old widow that doesnt have a clue :cloud9:

I found this is a storage locker in RI this week. I also have a few more I found, But it seems this one is the most valuable of them and the only one in a plastic case. Im not sure about this item other then its value and its got a CGC label and its a 7.5 condition and it has all the pages. I was told to mention the pages are white. I dont know if that means anything...Ill be away the first day of the auction so please be patient if you have a question!!

Insurance on this item will be the same for the US and other countries. Will be going out with full insurance so please dont try to say you dont need it. Im pretty sure the book is worth at least $20,000 but ill start it at $5,000 and will leave it up as long as it reaches $10,000.

I really need the money for it so Im going to make it a 3 day auction and please be able to pay right away and Ill ship it out within 2 days. I can accept paypal, wires, and bank checks. Thank you!!

I will be listing more items this week as well!

lol

Oh so disingenuous.

Also, recognizing that the 7.5 is the condition is not an intuitive leap that someone unfamiliar with comics would make, in my opinion.

I bid...

then retracted...

then reported...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270981943440#ht_720wt_1110

There's the mistake...

lol... I have been up for almost 24 hours at that point and am still up now... -a momentary lack of judgement if you will.

love this part...

close-up shots should be up after the auction or by the time he finishes "editing" them