• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Took the Kids (and some of their friends) to Avengers on Sunday....

51 posts in this topic

And while I liked the movie a lot, and they absolutely loved it (I kept looking over and seeing them smiling, mouths agape at the screen), I was not prepared for what happened when we got home.

Immediately they all tore down to the basement, with quick trips for cardboard, paper, markers, glue, and scissors.. before announcing they wanted me to come down.

Standing before me were the Cardboard Avengers, Thor with a hammer, Cap with a shield, Black Widow with a couple of guns, and Hulk wearing a pair of my workout gloves - the best was them turning an old pizza box inside out and creating a SHIELD computer/locator.

"We used our imaginations!!" was the battle cry!

And then they proceeded to reenact various parts of the movie, and they had sooooo much fun I could not believe it. It totally reminded me of a pack of us getting home from Star Wars and me immediately ripping apart my ski poles for makeshift lightsabers and running around like a maniac in the back yard with my friends.

They were so energized, that I took them to the park, out for ice cream and then back for some Skylanders - my littlest gal was so wired up she was still sitting in bed with her eyes still open at 11 PM, telling me what a great day she had, and how she just "could not sleep".

I cannot believe that (after all the schlock we've had to put up with) someone *finally* got it right and created a real "event movie" from the comics that kids will possibly remember back with fondness.

:applause:

Logans gonna blow a gasket when he sees this thread! :ohnoez:

Why would I do that? I gave the movie 2 1/2 stars which means I liked it more than I didn't (shrug)

Great story BTW....do they also like comics?

The movie wasn't very angsty.

Angsty? Is that a word,if it's not it should be. :eyeroll:

Made it up, oakman. Made it up. :foryou:

Not enough vampires in it for you? :baiting:

Hey, I didn't say I needed it to be angsty.

Why would I do that? I gave the movie 2 1/2 stars which means I liked it more than I didn't (shrug)

Wow, I'm pretty tough on funny book movies (I hate about 70% of them, and barely like about 25% of the rest) but I thought Avengers is a solid movie that *really* appeals to kids. To call it action-packed (and mostly the good kind, not the Michael Bay kind) is an understatement.

Wow, I'm pretty tough on funny book movies (I hate about 70% of them, and barely like about 25% of the rest) but I thought Avengers is a solid movie that *really* appeals to kids. To call it action-packed (and mostly the good kind, not the Michael Bay kind) is an understatement.

The action scenes and special effects were fantastic, no doubt about that.

no pictures of the home made weapons or locator?

Well, most of them have been taken to recycling by the evil Black Queen (the Cap shield was definitely the best of them, but it got pretty bashed up) but I still managed to find Mjolnir and the SHIELD computer intact.

126110.jpg.2a341dff8e52c53be56e1ac6a1d8d146.jpg