• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Omnibus and Absolutes question

117 posts in this topic

anyone know where you can find any kind of price guide on these? or do i need to just go by ebay? some of these seem to command big money and was curious as to if they sell for these prices or are the sellers just reaching?

Which one in particular? I haven't see Ominbus prices increase unless it's out of print.

Such as the Marvel Masterworks of Sgt. Fury 1-10....out of print and usually goes for more money

There's a couple crazy expensive ones! Tomb of Dracula, FF volume2, Xmen volume1 and the Xmen with GSxmen1 on the cover come to mind. All of those, you're looking at like $250-$700 to buy one on either eBay or amazon! :o

There's a couple crazy expensive ones! Tomb of Dracula, FF volume2, Xmen volume1 and the Xmen with GSxmen1 on the cover come to mind. All of those, you're looking at like $250-$700 to buy one on either eBay or amazon! :o

Really!? Wow

Of course, none that I own. :cry:

Really!? Wow

Yeah, I was shocked also! I've only recently gotten into them because they are so damn expensive! Most you can get off amazon for like $55-65 but the ones I listed and a few others are apparently impossible to find. I don't know if anyone actually pays that much but if you look on amazon, you can't get them cheaper than at least $250-300.

Howard the duck, the TOS Iron man and JIM are also over cover price, like $150+ for a copy!

Really!? Wow

Yeah, I was shocked also! I've only recently gotten into them because they are so damn expensive! Most you can get off amazon for like $55-65 but the ones I listed and a few others are apparently impossible to find. I don't know if anyone actually pays that much but if you look on amazon, you can't get them cheaper than at least $250-300.

Howard the duck, the TOS Iron man and JIM are also over cover price, like $150+ for a copy!

Ok, good news then. I have the TOS IM and the JIM omnibus.....cool (thumbs u

Thanks

they are the ones ive seen, and the surfer one too. i was just wondering if they are actually exchanging hands for those ammounts

If you are looking for one of the X-men volume 1 Omnibus, i might know where you could find one for less than eBay/Amazon...... :whistle:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5704633#Post5704633

I <3 Omnibi

They are freaking AWESOME!!! :cloud9:

So much better than reading the black and white essentials! I do it because they are so cheap but it just sucks the enjoyment right out of it without the color :sorry:

Most are a pretty good deal for the money but some are VERY expensive imo. Ive wanted the Amazing Fantasy one but 75 beans for 15 issues is pricey considering most are $100 and have like 35 issues. Secret Wars is another i wanted forever but didnt want to drop $75 for just 15 issues. I finally found one cheap in shrunkenheads sales thread a few weeks ago and it just arrived like an hour ago :banana:

they are the ones ive seen, and the surfer one too. i was just wondering if they are actually exchanging hands for those ammounts

If you are looking for one of the X-men volume 1 Omnibus, i might know where you could find one for less than eBay/Amazon...... :whistle:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5704633#Post5704633

yeah, i saw you had these. that got me thinking about these haha

its funny, cause its not that big of a mark up, only 2 to 5 times cover but when the cover is so expensive, thats huge

Supply and Demand. The Marvel Omnibus only average 1,000 to 1500 copies for print runs.

That is mega rare when compared to a monthly floppie.

Adding SPAM to your arm-length list of offenses. (worship)

:shy:

I figure i better cover ALL my bases before Arch inevitably sends me away for a week in the near future :devil:

You ought to be more worried about posting your wife's posterior . . .

my dream list is all the major 1's (ff, tos, jim etc etc) and secret wars 1 and most of all the simonson thor!. i think they are putting way too many out now that dont deserve it. acts of vengence? atlantis attacks? secret wars 2??? whos going to drop a hundred bucks on these????

my dream list is all the major 1's (ff, tos, jim etc etc) and secret wars 1 and most of all the simonson thor!. i think they are putting way too many out now that dont deserve it. acts of vengence? atlantis attacks? secret wars 2??? whos going to drop a hundred bucks on these????

HEY!!! i just got Atlantis attacks! it was only like $35 though in shrunkenheads sales thread. You should read that thread! Its like 1500 posts long but we were all laughing our asses off the night he sold the Secret Wars II posting pics of how ridiculous the Beyonder was in that! I was seriously crying laughing for like 3 hours! :roflmao:

I now have Avengers 1, Xmen 1, ASM1, Captain America 1, TOS Iron man 1, Secret Wars, Hulk1, Marvel comics1, Wolverine 1, Atlantis attacks, Evolutionary wars and ultimate Avengers. I think thats it hm

Im addicted to their awesomeness :cloud9:

Adding SPAM to your arm-length list of offenses. (worship)

:shy:

I figure i better cover ALL my bases before Arch inevitably sends me away for a week in the near future :devil:

You ought to be more worried about posting your wife's posterior . . .

She's an Iron man now so she can handle any potential stalkers :makepoint: