• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Omnibus and Absolutes question

117 posts in this topic

I wanted a couple of the GA Human Torch ones and they are either $49.99 or $59.99 for 4 freaking issues! :o

Those comics were 68 pages, I believe

Thats true but are the entire books reprinted? Didnt those issues have other back up stories in them?

Either way, it was a pretty thin book for $60! It would be AWESOME if they would make omnibus for GA Cap, Human Torch, and Subby. If they have those, i havent seen them. the only GA one ive seen is the Marvel Comics i just ordered which i think is the 1st 12 issues.

I wanted a couple of the GA Human Torch ones and they are either $49.99 or $59.99 for 4 freaking issues! :o

Those comics were 68 pages, I believe

So 12 issues then. That's a bit more reasonable.

I have the Amazing Fantasy Omni and LOVE IT. Would certainly buy more Timely/Atlas GA material.

I've literally picked that up at my LCS and walked around the store with it before putting it back like 10 times :screwy:

I keep hoping to find a used one cheap so i dont have to shell out the 75 bucks but no luck so far. Thats the #1 Omnibus on my want list right now so i think im just gonna break down and buy the freaking thing,

I'm sticking to the core material. The SA titles I care about and the GA material if they did it.

So no Duck, Dracula, Secret, Women of Atlantis for me.

I'm sticking to the core material. The SA titles I care about and the GA material if they did it.

Oh, the keys, the keys . . .

Oh, the keys, the keys . . .

1. FASSBENDER!

2. The keys aren't going anywhere.

ng

ng

I'm pretty much the same but I LOVE Secret Wars and it was like half price. The Atlantis attacks and Evolutionary War normally I would never have bought but I got them for like $70 for both of them so it seemed worth it. No ducks or vampires for me though (thumbs u

I might get the Secret Wars one too. The first one, with Hulk holding up a mountain. Not the second one, with God in a Tony Soprano track suit.

I might get the Secret Wars one too. The first one, with Hulk holding up a mountain. Not the second one, with God in a Tony Soprano track suit.

lol

Seriously, if you look in that sales thread, you will laugh your off at the Beyonder pictures people were posting and the jokes they were making. that was the hardest ive laughed in like 10 years!

Secret War 2 might be the darkest moment in marvel history. Epically bad!!! :sick:

lol

Seriously, if you look in that sales thread, you will laugh your off at the Beyonder pictures people were posting and the jokes they were making. that was the hardest ive laughed in like 10 years!

Secret War 2 might be the darkest moment in marvel history. Epically bad!!! :sick:

:taptaptap:

The Beyonder loves you.

I'm not sure it is cheaper.

I average 70 dollars an omni, considering I've paid more for some OOP ones. Roughly 40 issues in each. Let's call it 35 to be conservative. That's about 2 bucks per issue. All for new color, letter's pages, intros and beautiful hardback editions.

I was talking about collecting TPBs vs the Absolutes/Omnibuses. It's been cheaper for every book I've ever obtain an Absolute/Omnibus version of.

For example, Walking Dead Omnibus #1 which collects the first 24 issues is going for $53.80 now on Amazon.

Link

The first 4 TPBs which collect the same issues are going for $37.41 on Amazon.

Link

I'll usually opt for the more expensive Absolute/Omnibus because for me the aesthetic and production value are worth it.

It's really hard to pick a favorite. I really enjoy all of them.

It's really cool to own both the IM Omni's and the Cap because the cap book is all the TOS Cap stories that were not reprinted in the IM Omni. So it's a full set of the TOS run.

I'll pick up the Avengers eventually. I've looked at it a ton of times but won't spend the $100 the store wants.

Hope to see a Sgt. Fury and 3rd Edition of Iron Man stories (26-50)

Some of those Masterworks are INSANELY expensive! I wanted a couple of the GA Human Torch ones and they are either $49.99 or $59.99 for 4 freaking issues! :o

Bad news. The most recently listed Masterworks are now even more expensive, $70 to $75.

No thanks.

lol

The Beyonder loves you.

The Beyonder is a figment of your delusional mind. :makepoint:

I'm not sure it is cheaper.

I average 70 dollars an omni, considering I've paid more for some OOP ones. Roughly 40 issues in each. Let's call it 35 to be conservative. That's about 2 bucks per issue. All for new color, letter's pages, intros and beautiful hardback editions.

I was talking about collecting TPBs vs the Absolutes/Omnibuses. It's been cheaper for every book I've ever obtain an Absolute/Omnibus version of.

For example, Walking Dead Omnibus #1 which collects the first 24 issues is going for $53.80 now on Amazon.

Link

The first 4 TPBs which collect the same issues are going for $37.41 on Amazon.

Link

I'll usually opt for the more expensive Absolute/Omnibus because for me the aesthetic and production value are worth it.

(thumbs u

lol

The Beyonder loves you.

The Beyonder is a figment of your delusional mind. :makepoint:

:eyeroll:

The Beyonder loves you.