• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Omnibus and Absolutes question

117 posts in this topic

All this Omnibus talk made me break down and finally buy the Amazing Fantasy Omnibus today :banana:

Other than AF15, I've never read any of the other issues so I psyched to bust it out to ight and read it after the kids go to bed!

REALLY? That's shocking.

You might decide to change your focus after doing some reading. Your ASM run is calling your name.

Early ASMs are among the best in my opinion.

Enjoy!

He bought the 15 issue Amazing Fantasy/Amazing Adventures Omnibus.

Aside from the short origin story in AF 15, there's no other Spidey in there. :gossip:

Thanks (thumbs u

I missed that when I read it. I hate when that happens.

and now I have the Silver Surfer, I am looking forward to reading it. Ive never read the Surfer Stories before so it should be a blast.

:applause:

I get the PM asking what it's worth, you get the sweet Omnibus :frustrated:

and now I have the Silver Surfer, I am looking forward to reading it. Ive never read the Surfer Stories before so it should be a blast.

hm

I guess I should have just posted my want list here and see if I got any hits...

hm

I guess I should have just posted my want list here and see if I got any hits...

:acclaim:

That's actually a pretty good price for all 3. I dont even want volume 1 much less all 3 so nothing I'd be interested in but for. tOD fan, you could do worse.

I got a late start on reading my AF Omnibus tonight but I just read the 1st story in Amazing Adventures 1. It was pretty hokey and outdated but I definitely like it! how could you not like a story about a giant alien with a beard who was going to take over earth by releasing a gas that made everyone trip their balls off! :cloud9:lol

On the preview page of the Omnibus I did learn something interesting. As any of you into pre hero Marvels know, all those titles(TOS,TTA, ST, AA) were dominated bu huge giant monsters, bus and aliens.n the reason they all had giant monsters pretty much every issue is because those were the only monsters allowed in comics. The CCA wouldn't let "regular" monstersin comics but as long as they were huge, the CCA didn't care. Never knew that before, I just figured that's what was popular at the time (thumbs u

That's actually a pretty good price for all 3. I dont even want volume 1 much less all 3 so nothing I'd be interested in but for. tOD fan, you could do worse.

I got a late start on reading my AF Omnibus tonight but I just read the 1st story in Amazing Adventures 1. It was pretty hokey and outdated but I definitely like it! how could you not like a story about a giant alien with a beard who was going to take over earth by releasing a gas that made everyone trip their balls off! :cloud9:lol

On the preview page of the Omnibus I did learn something interesting. As any of you into pre hero Marvels know, all those titles(TOS,TTA, ST, AA) were dominated bu huge giant monsters, bus and aliens.n the reason they all had giant monsters pretty much every issue is because those were the only monsters allowed in comics. The CCA wouldn't let "regular" monstersin comics but as long as they were huge, the CCA didn't care. Never knew that before, I just figured that's what was popular at the time (thumbs u

Huh, wonder why that is. The huge monsters are more "fantastic" and therefore less believable? Sort of like a dragon?

ShrukenHead has a sales thread going strong now for the last 2 weeks about Omni's and other Hardbacks

Shhhhhhhhh!!! Theres enough competition already! It almost impossible to get past walkers military grade internet connection as it is! :makepoint:

Hey gang, just got caught up reading these thread. About a month ago, I purchased at least one copy of just about every Omnibi and Absolute yet printed. I got them all in one fell swoop and have been selling off the collection piecemeal.

I share everybody's enthusiasm for these. They are beautiful books, but i can't afford the space it would require to keep 'em all. I've put aside a few of 'em for myself, I think....can't decide whether or not to sell or part with the 3-volume Dracs. The money would be nice but the books are so awesome. :juggle:

No wish to spam, but fellow forumite Dscott suggested I post here and note that I'll be listing a few Ominibi and Absolutes later tonight in copper/modern. :)