• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doug Schmell cashing in his vaulted massive collecion. Poll: Is this the top?

1,888 posts in this topic

There's plenty of agendas in this thread if you want to be fair about it.

I have one - the truth.

Unfortunately it remains somewhat elusive, for some more than others.

A clue to the future of things was when CGC first started, they proposed a restoration removal service. It was shot down in flames. Hence, the seeds were planted for the PLOD.

There's plenty of agendas in this thread if you want to be fair about it.

I have one - the truth.

Unfortunately it remains somewhat elusive, for some more than others.

A clue to the future of things was when CGC first started, they proposed a restoration removal service. It was shot down in flames. Hence, the seeds were planted for the PLOD.

Wasn't the restoration removal service what PCS was and didn't PCS close doors many years after the PLOD was already in existence?

???

I don't think anyone involved in this discussion thread is interested in anything but the truth but my point is that there have already been a few misunderstandings in this very thread as people talk past each other.

You perpetuate those misunderstandings without clarifying them and they become "truth" that is passed on when in fact, it isn't.

That's all.

And it seems I've stalled the discussion.

:blush:

Did anyone hear the news, that the Gov't controls the weather? :o

Did they retrieve the hurricane making machine the Yakuza used on Nawlins?

hm I will have to watch the news tonight and see.

You perpetuate those misunderstandings without clarifying them and they become "truth" that is passed on when in fact, it isn't.

Define "You".

I meant "you" in the collective sense, as "we" on this forum.

You already know how I feel about you.

:baiting:

:luhv:

I interpreted it as he did not repay the clients he "borrowed" from and that many are unhappy that he is reaping the benefits with this new sale of his collection.

I asked earlier if his clients were ever paid back and no response was given.

I believe his clients were paid back.

I could be wrong but he'd be in jail serving time for theft if they weren't.

See the bolded area

2) Doug was disbarred. I believe in second chances as well, and those actions cost him his law license. However, I think what's really offensive to many folks is that Doug is now benefiting from that illegal conduct by the fruits of selling the collection that was partially assembled by "borrowing" from his clients. For those of you who don't know the situation, the whole reason he got caught was because regardless of his intent to pay it back, he wasn't able to as he was supposed to. That's theft. With that said, I'm quite certain Doug understands the implications and wrongness of his actions. Doesn't mean people still are going to want to bid on the items.

I'm unclear if they were ever paid back based in this post

I think it's highly probable that they were all paid back. Why don't you call his dad and ask him; he was still a practicing lawyer in NYC last I checked and if I'm not mistaken Junior was pulling his tricks with the escrow funds as pop's right hand man right there in the same downtown office.

Always best to go to the source.

(shrug)

Which one? Most are owned by corporations or the government and are used for getting ratings / pushing agendas / gaining ad revenue.

(other things I have overhead from friends)

Really.

Are they wrong?

I don't know.

Which one? Most are owned by corporations or the government and are used for getting ratings / pushing agendas / gaining ad revenue.

Really.

Are they wrong?

I don't know.

Thank you for putting your Sig line in a spoiler tag.

Really.

Are they wrong?

I don't know.

I heard from a friend, that heard from a friend, for a fact that Cheney and Sarah Palin secretly own NPR and Al Gore and Nancy Pelosi secretly own FOX.

Really.

Are they wrong?

I don't know.

I heard from a friend…

Are you quoting REO Speedwagon? (tsk)

Really.

Are they wrong?

I don't know.

I heard from a friend, that heard from a friend, for a fact that Cheney and Sarah Palin secretly own NPR and Al Gore and Nancy Pelosi secretly own FOX.

:whee:

As shown through my analogies: people will believe / share those feelings regardless of what others think / facts.

Any idea what the FF1 9.6 would bring? and are there any ungraded copies out there that are better than this one that anybody knows about. thanks and how about TOS 39 did not one sell for like 350 recently.

Does Lon Jaster know that CD2 is posting on these boards?

I think I'll start a CD1 profile ID and proclaim all the great collections I'm bringing to Heritage.

:fear:

lol