• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show your most recent acquirement in rare comics

89 posts in this topic

Too bad about the missing piece but it's a very glossy book with exceptionally nice PQ for a rare Axis cover 1944 funny animal book. AllSurpriseComics5.jpg

Perhaps some seasoned collectors would like to weigh in on the following issue:

I'm considering having the missing piece replaced by a professional restorer such as Matt Nelson or Susan Cicconi. I don't plan to sell the book; it's just for me to keep and give to my granddaughter when she reaches middle school age and I can explain stereotypes and she can enjoy reading funny-animal stories. Or should I just leave as is?

Thanks,

SLR

my guess is to add a piece, and color touch (kenny or matt or susan can better chime in), the cost would be into the $100's...not sure if that is worth it or not, just to fill in a largely non relevant piece of the cover...

I wouldn't

I have 2 VERY RARE Timelys that even John Verzyl, Richard Evans and Billy Parker had never seen before.

They contain the 2nd & 3rd appearance of Stuporman from October 1940 & December 1940.

His 1st appearance is in Daring Mystery Comics #6 September 1940 and his 4th appearance is in Comedy Comics #11 from 1942.

Here are the scans. He's on the cover of the 1st issue.

snap1.jpg

snap2.jpg

snap3.jpg

Who cares about Stuporman, please tell us who's the dame on the cover (and make it Snappy)!

Oh Snap!

Who cares about Stuporman, please tell us who's the dame on the cover (and make it Snappy)!

And let's see the other cover while you're at it.

Here is the cover to the 12/40 issue of Snap.

snap1240.jpg

And let's see the other cover while you're at it.

Here is the cover to the 12/40 issue of Snap.

snap1240.jpg

OHSNAP-CaptainAmerica.gif