• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have issues with Desert Wind?

92 posts in this topic

@ZIA...

I suggest picking up a different hobby. Doing SS books is not for the faint of heart. I have dealt with DWC on a couple hundred books and the error rate (between DWC and CGC) is about 1% with most errors being owed to CGC. Patience is the name of the game - we aren't flipping penny stocks here. May I suggest football? It appears millions of people enjoy watching people shove balls through wholes every day!

Thats a little harsh dont you think? This isnt an isolated incident. Multiple submitters have had issues with DWC for whatever reason. Suggesting that zia pick up another hobby seems a little fatalistic and harsh. Are you saying he cant have a positive experience with other facilitators?

there is a .00000343949488437373 chance Zia had an issue with a facilitator.

NM had the calculator upside down.

Ok folkies. I have been away from the boards this past weekend and Sharon has unfortunately been dealing with all of this. I have a REALLY SIMPLY SOLUTION... It is REAL SIMPLE... If you have a problem with DWC or you just don't like us, then don't use the services we offer. We truly try to resolve any issue that does periodly arise but sadly in some cases, no matter what we do, the customer unfortunately is not satisfied. So move on... use someone else... It really is that simple. FACT is DWC will do the best we can. FACT is DWC will be at many shows over the course of the year. FACT is DWC will continue to offer its services to those who wish to use their services and finally FACT is not everyone likes DWC so move on and use someone else... Thank you...

Going forward, not using a facilitator that you have had problems with will work great as it relates to avoiding future problems. But the only formula for getting your problems solved with a facilitator that you have already used is to go through the steps that CGC outlined. Go through them and get everything worked out. No one wants to have these issues sorted out more than CGC. They want raving fans, not disgruntled former collectors.

Ok folkies. I have been away from the boards this past weekend and Sharon has unfortunately been dealing with all of this. I have a REALLY SIMPLY SOLUTION... It is REAL SIMPLE... If you have a problem with DWC or you just don't like us, then don't use the services we offer. We truly try to resolve any issue that does periodly arise but sadly in some cases, no matter what we do, the customer unfortunately is not satisfied. So move on... use someone else... It really is that simple. FACT is DWC will do the best we can. FACT is DWC will be at many shows over the course of the year. FACT is DWC will continue to offer its services to those who wish to use their services and finally FACT is not everyone likes DWC so move on and use someone else... Thank you...

Fact ...Going Forward I will no longer use you! Its that simple for me. Fact...You made a half *** attempt to resolve your mistakes and managed to create more, it's that simple! Fact...This has nothing to do with me liking or not liking you as an individual or as a business entity/facilitator! If I were to see you at a con I would still be respectful enough to say hello.

We truly try to resolve any issue that does periodly arise but sadly in some cases, no matter what we do, the customer unfortunately is not satisfied.
This is an incorrect statement. You had ample opportunities to resolve your issues and make me the customer satisfied! You continued to screw up! What do you expect me to do, just accept the fact that you continue screw up as your way of a resolution! Come On.....

A heart felt explanatory apology on the boards would be a nice start.

Good advice. It sure does stink though when a facilitator that you don't want to deal with seems to be the exclusive facilitator for certain artists at public shows.

Unfortunately, this type of thing happens all the time in all types of industries, where you have to deal with a specific company (who you may not want to work with, for whatever reason) to get something very specific done that you want or need. I've found that the best you can do is provide as much constructive feedback (and be as clear as possible in ALL communications regarding expectations) as possible, and be patient, even though it may not work.

@ZIA...

I suggest picking up a different hobby. Doing SS books is not for the faint of heart. I have dealt with DWC on a couple hundred books and the error rate (between DWC and CGC) is about 1% with most errors being owed to CGC. Patience is the name of the game - we aren't flipping penny stocks here. May I suggest football? It appears millions of people enjoy watching people shove balls through wholes every day!

what a harsh suggestion, though i do like football.

I have no horse in this race but saying 'if you don't like our service don't use us' doesn't sound good. If this customer has legitimate complaints and if you've made legitimate mistakes you should be looking to change and improve the way you do things.

I have no horse in this race but saying 'if you don't like our service don't use us' doesn't sound good. If this customer has legitimate complaints and if you've made legitimate mistakes you should be looking to change and improve the way you do things.

Yup.