• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can I get a Witness

16 posts in this topic

http://www.wizardworld.com/gotitsinowge.html

efore You Get It Signed, Get A Witness! by Genuine COA!

With more than 60 celebrities on hand, Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con is an autograph collector’s dream. From current mega-stars like Chris Hemsworth, once-in-a-lifetime opportunities like all five Star Trek Captains, to the venerable Stan Lee, scoring that big signature is one step to creating the collectible of a lifetime.

Excited about getting an autograph from one of those or the many others? Hoping that the signature will someday be as valuable to others as it feels to you now? Were you planning on trading or selling an extra autographed item to pay for the one you intend to keep? Or, do you just want the added benefit of differentiating your autographed item from so many others?

If you answered YES to any of these questions, then you know the value of a Certificate of Authenticity. Wizard World is proud to present its newest partner, Genuine COA. Genuine COA offers true third-party witnessing, Certificates of Authenticity and an online database with the signing information for your autographed memorabilia.

So preserve the value of your autographs and look for Genuine COA, in booth #735, at Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, before having your item signed. Discounted pre-orders for Wizard World attendees are now available at www.genuinecoa.com.

How much to certify this guy's autograph? He'll be at WW Chicago apparently :roflmao:

the-situation.jpg

i think he needs to see a doctor it looks a little bent lol all jokes aside is anyone actually going to this that is able to get stuff done cgc ?.. There are simply a ton of guests I'd love to get autographs from not that i could afford all of them but I could get one or two :luhv:

How can anyone give you a piece of paper like that and truly believe it represents anything ?

Bix comix sent me a FREE 12 legend collection certificate made out to me . I thought this was very nice of them and some hard work on thier part but I truly dont believe a paper Certificate adds zero value to the book I bought ?

I think that embosed Certificate on the web page is a ripoff that will trick many people ?

I suspect more of this will hapen as CGC books gain value

meh

Hello Collectors,

I am from Genuine COA and happened accross your discussion. I would like to introduce ourselves and bring some understanding to what we do, since there seems to be a lot of confusion.

We are former collectors of autographed memorabillia who grew disillusioned with the fact that there is an immense ammout of forgery in the market. One report, according to the FBI, stated an estimated 90% of autographs that are sold or traded, are in fact, forgery. In a billion dollar industry, that's $900 Million worth of fakes being sold as real. It gives you a whole different perspective when looking at items in an autograph shop, on auction sites, or, even, at conventions. You know what they say about something being too good to be true. Sure, many times the seller of the memorabillia issues you a certifcate of authenticity, but that is just a document that they, themselves, printed. Most are never signed by a real person, or include the name of the person who witnessed the autograph. There is still no real way to definitively confirm when or where it was signed to know if the celebrity was actually present at the event.

Also, as a person that might acquire autographs in person with the intention of it being valuable someday, it is hard to invest, considering that your item will be indistinguishable from the sea of fakes. Yes, there are authentication houses that allow you to ship your signed item to them, and for a fee they will have scriptologist analyze the signature and give an OPINION on the authenticity. But I have had autograph dealers tell me that they have had an item autographed in person, then sent the item to an authenticator to have the documentation behind it, and the opinion came back as 'not authentic'.

That frustration led to the idea of our company. Our operation is to be there, at signing events, and to serve as actual witnesses to signatures. Your signing details are then made seachable on our website using the exclusive, tamper-evident sticker we issue to the item and the certificate. Now, at any time you wish to provide validity to you claim of authenticity (such as an auction site add), we are there to vouch that we saw you have the item signed. We don't have a stake in what happens to the memorabillia...if it is kept or sold...we just serve as your witness. What's more, all of our witnesses will sign a notarized affidavit stating that they witnessed the customer signing. This a legal document that will stand in a court of law. And it, too, is viewable with your signing details. As far as we know, no other authentication service offers this level of confidence in authenticity. We are intent on adding value.

We know there has been mention of CGC, and we want to make it clear that we do not do any sort of grading or encapsulating. CGC has built a name among comic collectors, and for good reason. I have used CGC for my comics and will use them again. That is a market we have no intention of being a part of. We are simply an autograph authentication service, and with remarkable events like Wizard World Philadelphia, which will bring together once-in-a-lfetime autograph opportunites, such as all five TV Star Trek Captains, Wizard recognized a good opportunity to partner with us, and we are honored.

We are new company, but our goal is to set a standard. It is our intention to benefit collectors, sellers, buyers, and even the celebrity, who certainly doesn't appreciate their name being forged.

I hope that cleared any confusion. Thank you for letting us post on your boards and introduce ourselves. If you are at a Wizard event, please stop by our booth and say "hi".