• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What should i get stan lee to sign

22 posts in this topic

So i'm really torn on what to get stan lee to sign at a convention i am going to.

I want to get a classic marvel comic since the one's i have aren't worth very much and from the 90's.

I was thinking amazing spiderman 300 (first full venom) or something along those lines.

Wanted to stay around $150 and under. Any help or ideas would be appreciated

WTTB's......I'll tell you what I did. I chose FF 11 and ASM 6.....both mid grade. I chose the FF 11 because it's a favorite. I got the copy from a friend, and the friend looks just like the kid on the splash page where Stan signed it. The ASM 6 was chosen because I love the Lizard and I raise and love actual lizards. Judy, my gal, has the ASM 6 now. She also loves lizards and helps with them and also mails and signs for packages....she certainly deserved it. So you see, I chose based on sentiment on several levels.....and everytime I open one of them to the splash, I'm still blown away. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

If you are doing it just for yourself and your collection, pick your favorite cover or book. If you are doing it for profit reasons can't help ya there

Im not worried about profits. Really for my own collection. I wanted a comic that really stood out or had some notable meaning in a history of a series or character.

Spider man is one of my fav's so I think I'm going to stick with that. Really wish I had my hands on a hulk 181 but that is way out of my range.

Im not worried about profits. Really for my own collection. I wanted a comic that really stood out or had some notable meaning in a history of a series or character.

You answered your own question. If you have a book that meets your criteria, then get Stan to sign it. (Try to insure he doesn't make a muck job of the cover!)

You answered your own question. If you have a book that meets your criteria, then get Stan to sign it. (Try to insure he doesn't make a muck job of the cover!)

......VERY important.....if you DON'T want Stan to sign the cover, you have to request the splash.....he automatically does the cover. GOD BLESS....

So i'm really torn on what to get stan lee to sign at a convention i am going to.

I want to get a classic marvel comic since the one's i have aren't worth very much and from the 90's.

I was thinking amazing spiderman 300 (first full venom) or something along those lines.

Wanted to stay around $150 and under. Any help or ideas would be appreciated

stan lee wrote ASM #300? you learn something new here every day.

If you are doing it just for yourself and your collection, pick your favorite cover or book. If you are doing it for profit reasons can't help ya there

Spider man is one of my fav's so I think I'm going to stick with that. Really wish I had my hands on a hulk 181 but that is way out of my range.

I've used Marvel Milestone reprints for my signings, i've have a AF 15, X-Men 1 and Hulk 181 signed for just me.

They're nice, inexpensive alternatives to the key books for someone on a budget, and present really nicely.

an 8x10

I went to a show where they would take your picture with STan and then the next day you could have him sign it.

I did not have him sign mine, but I got a couple books signed.

I would have Stan sign every Marvel key I own no matter the grade. The man made Marvel he is a legend. I know tons of people on here don't care for his signatures but to each his own.

.....I still am in disbelief when I look at mine......I never dreamed that I would ever actually even see him from a distance. He truly is a hero of mine and he had a profound effect on the shaping of my "inner" voice. GOD BLESS....

I thought Stan cancelled all upcoming shows for the time being....

I really hope not, I think a riot would start if conventions new he wasn't going to be there and still sold packages promoting him