• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early thoughts on Captain_Tripps' website????

132 posts in this topic

Just finished looking at the new website. Pedigree Comics Some AMAZING books on there! It looks like the good Captain is using primarily his own books as inventory until he generates enough buzz to get some more consignments.

My early thoughts/constructive criticisms:

1) Back cover scans are essential for books that cost this much.

2) Front cover scans need to be bigger (Heritage-sized) and brighter (though not "Heritage-bright," i.e., "so blindingly bright that you can't see defects").

3) Will there ever be a place for DC silver and bronze on there? I know that Doug doesn't really collect them (and thus doesn't have the inventory to populate the site with his doubles) but the site makes it look like DCs will never be sold there, or are not welcome to be consigned. This seems like a weird self-imposed limitation that should be re-thought, if I am reading this correctly. I have to think that if someone came to Doug with a huge DC high grade silver collection for consignment, he'd list them though.

4) I love the comic artwork throughout the site. It makes the site a LOT more fun to surf than ComicLink.

5) Good responsiveness from the links. No dead links. Good website performance.

6) Quite a few typos. Fix them, counselor!!! tongue.gif

7) Is there a "Want List" feature? If not, there should be!

8) Judging from the price that he realized for Harry's copy of FF#11, Captain has the attention of some big buyers. Am I guessing correctly that Tom B. bought the book? smile.gif

9) Love the section on silver age pedigrees. Please expand this to include a description of all of them! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

10) Overall, a very exciting and excellent new website. Congrats, Doug, and best wishes for a successful venture!

Link.

It's like a museum, but alas the claim that "Truly, there is something for every Marvel collector on the Pedigree Comics website." isn't true as I didn't find anything. Actually, maybe it is true...there's actually lots of stuff there for every Marvel collector, you just have to shell out the $$ to get it!

I guess Doug's take is that the Northland Hulk 1 is better than the Bethlehem copy that sold on ebay for around $50k?

Nice Site, Doug! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Sweet books there! But where, oh where, is the FF#5? I've been saving since the Philly show, and my piggy bank is almost full! tongue.gif

Joe is right! Better fix the price on that ASM #144!!!!!

I almost signed up and bought it, but I knew it would be a waste of time.

"Sorry, but we forgot to put in an extra digit while pricing".

Link?

confused.gif

There is a link in the original post too.

Have you tried it? confused.gif

Thanks JC. There was something wrong with it. I fixed it.

I almost signed up and bought it, but I knew it would be a waste of time.

"Sorry, but we forgot to put in an extra digit while pricing".

Actually, I think there are some pretty good bargains on the site for $150 or less.

Edit - FFB beat me to the page quality response

Actually, I think there are some pretty good bargains on the site for $150 or less. And I suspect that the ASM 144 in question is only $50 because of the OFF-WHITE Page Quality and it is an issue well into the Bronze era.

Maybe you're right, and I'm just shellshocked after seeing all the *other* prices.

actually, mayne he means they are "not for rent!"

but "for sale only"

I thought that "For sale only: $175,000" means that he only wants the cash, and is not asking for your firstborn child as well.