• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early thoughts on Captain_Tripps' website????

132 posts in this topic

I like the format of the site, and some of the books on there are terrific. Prices are high, of course, and there are plenty of "get there first" buyers filling their collections with tough books like the FF #11. I too would like to see larger scans and back cover scans if possible, but that will come over time.

And by the way, can anyone tell me why there wouldn't be a "sale pending" next to a thousand dollar bid for X-Men #7 in 8.5?

Dan

And by the way, can anyone tell me why there wouldn't be a "sale pending" next to a thousand dollar bid for X-Men #7 in 8.5?

Dan

Well, great googly moogly! Maybe it's time to express-slab bundles of books and get them over to Capt Tripps ASAP.

Seriously, that is a sick price for that book in that grade.

Delekkerste,

Thanks for checking in. It can work in a number of ways, but usually theconsignor will ship me the books (if very expensive we can meet) and I do all the scanning and subsequent uploading or he can simply e-mail me a scan and I'll upload from there (with old CGC labels I like having the books otherwise he would also have to e-mail me the cert # (can't read them on the old labels). When the book is finally sold, if he hadn't already shipped/given me the book, he will receive a confirmation e-mail that the book has been sold (price was accepted) plus the shipping instructions . I like having the books so I can really look at them and adequetely describe them for the site. It's much harder relying on a scan.

Also, there is no minimum dollar value attached to a book. A person can make a bid for as low as they want, but tis bid will most likely be rejected. The consignor automatically receives notification of the bid and has the option to accept/reject/counter-offer such bid. It's totally in his control, as is the listed price.

I love Bronze Age books and I have a bunch on my site as well as inexpensive magazines. I would welcome to consign anything you wish to sell, especially since my theme is really ultra high grade (but I'll have 8.5s, 9.0s too).

The price/value of the book is insignificant. As a new venture, I would welcome your high grade Bronze beauties!!! Let me know and thanks for considering my site.

Doug..

Drum,

The book is actually a 9.6 but has a very tiny bindery tear (totally manufactured that way) on the back cover. Roter didn't even see it when he listed and sold the book as a NM+ or NM/M. The book is just ridiculous but has this minor manufacturing defect (just kills me!!).

Anyway, just thought I would shred some lite on this PC book (white pages too).

doug

Hi Doug -

It's clearly a gorgeous book. I'd love to own it. Just throwing in my two cents that the price seems awfully high given the grading.

Great site, by the way. Good luck getting out the bugs!

Dan

Anyway, just thought I would shred some lite on this PC book (white pages too).

doug

Whoa [!@#%^&^] Doug! You better not go shreding any of those PC books you have. And please don't expose them to light either as the cover inks will fade.

Human,

Thank you, my friend. I appreciate any and all feedback, be it negative, positive, etc. I'm glad you like it and I will have plenty more books to list in the next few weeks.

Happy collecting to you and your son.

Doug

Drum,

Thank you. I just felt compelled to explain that this book was not a typical 8.5, which could have several stress lines, a crease, surface impressions, etc, etc. It's actually a typical early Pacific Coast X-Men which was lying in the same stack as all the others that got incredibly high grades (5 9.8; 6 9.8; 8 9.6; 9 9.8, etc). Only thing, it does have that unfortunate bindery tear, which is actually common on X-Men 7s, although many of them don't have a tear in that back cover area but a common bindery printing crease/line. I've seen at least 5 X-Men 7's that have this common printing "defect", if you will.

Hope this explains my thinking a little more on the book. It's funny, the person who bought it from Roter (who traded it to me in our 1st Pacific coast trade) never even noticed the tear as well.

Rip,

Thank you. I appreciate your support. I'm going to have some DC's starting with a great book (might as well start with a bang).

It's a Brave and the Bold 34 in 9.4, off white to white. I should have it listed by Tuesday or Wednesday. I hope to have a lot more DC's as the site picks up some momentum and I get more consignments. Unfortunately, I don't own any DC's so I'll have to rely on consignors.

Again, thanks to everybody for providing feedback, be it good or bad, on the web site.

Murph,

I know. I guess because all the books were posted at the same time for the launching of the site everything is a new arrival for now, but that will change.

Hopefully starting next week, only new books listed will appear as new arrivals.

Thanks for the feedback.

Murph,

I know. I guess because all the books were posted at the same time for the launching of the site everything is a new arrival for now, but that will change.

Hopefully starting next week, only new books listed will appear as new arrivals.

You should ask the developer to sort the newly-listed books by date listed in descending order; that way, the newest ones sort to the top. ComicLink allows that kind of sort.