• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help grade my two comicbooks.

10 posts in this topic

#1 8.5-9.0 really tough to tell with a cover like that 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

#2 I was going to say 5.0, but I see a spot of something on the back cover so I will go a 4.0 on it. Is that water, paint etc???

popcorn.gif

It isn't water damage...it feels rough like white out, but it's light blue. Weird.

Hey Newt,

#1 8.5 - Is that a little humidity wavering at the bottom edge of the BC? If so, 7.0

#2 I beg to disagree with my fellows here, the flaws are: the 1.5" crease to the LRFC, and minor rubbing along the spine, and the blue spot of Jupiter on the BC -- I give it a 5.5 with an SA exemption - This, btw, is a great comic - Gene Colan Doctor Doom - do you have it's mate? It also x-over's to FF.

cheers mate, thumbsup2.gif

This, btw, is a great comic - Gene Colan Doctor Doom - do you have it's mate? It also x-over's to FF.

cheers mate, thumbsup2.gif

No I don't have the mate or the FF x-over. This comic was an impulse buy. I thought the cover was cool and it was only 8 bucks so I picked it up. I didn't get a chance to read it till today. The comic's spine is very firm, and the inside pages feel like the pages of a new modern. The inside of the book has aged nicely, off white and quite firm to the touch. No chipping. I like my mids to have that "I don't feel like I'm gonna break this thing" feel. So I'm happy with my purchase.

I really enjoyed the story. Is the first part of this story in DD #37 and the x over into the FF issue just as good? If so I'll prolly look into finding my book a few mid graded mates.

thumbsup2.gif