• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers VS Batman

30 posts in this topic

"He's still human after all"

Batman 89 is so awful, I didn't like it that much when I saw it in the theater. Same way I felt after Spider-Man 1. Didn't live up to expectations. Spider-Man 2 however did.

Batman Begins got messed up by Batman And Robin. A lot of people are less inclined to go out to the movies when the previous entry is so bad.

Also, with the older batman movies, international box office wasn't as big back then. If you compare the domestic adjusted for inflation numbers, Batman is a lot closer to TDK, $498 mill to 588.

I remember Batman as being the first movie that I went to that was playing on multiple screens at the same theater. Before it, all the big movies ended up with crazy lines. Now they just show the blockbusters on more screens so you rarely have a real pile-up.

It was huge for its time.

Batman Begins got messed up by Batman And Robin. A lot of people are less inclined to go out to the movies when the previous entry is so bad.

Also, with the older batman movies, international box office wasn't as big back then. If you compare the domestic adjusted for inflation numbers, Batman is a lot closer to TDK, $498 mill to 588.

Batman v The Joker. The biggest pulling téte à téte in comicdom.

I remember Batman as being the first movie that I went to that was playing on multiple screens at the same theater. Before it, all the big movies ended up with crazy lines. Now they just show the blockbusters on more screens so you rarely have a real pile-up.

It was huge for its time.

They created the "12 cert" especially for this movie and it remained ever since.

Also, Iron Man is a billion dollar plus property. :o

Makes the $4 billion that Disney paid for Marvel seem like a helluva deal in retrospect.

The Marvel movies in this thread alone have grossed roughly $3.5 B. :o

Makes the $4 billion that Disney paid for Marvel seem like a helluva deal in retrospect.

Really good point!

Disney bought a portfolio of proven and world-recognized characters that they can tap into for years ahead.

All they have to do is apply what they learned between the non-Marvel movie efforts (e.g. John Carter) and Marvel-focused movies (e.g. Avengers build-up movies, Avengers), and ensure the Marvel characters go down the right path.

:wishluck:

Really good point!

Disney bought a portfolio of proven and world-recognized characters that they can tap into for years ahead.

All they have to do is apply what they learned between the non-Marvel movie efforts (e.g. John Carter) and Marvel-focused movies (e.g. Avengers build-up movies, Avengers), and ensure the Marvel characters go down the right path.

Will Disney do anything to try and get hold of the other Marvel licences, i.e. Spider-Man, FF & X-Men?

Really good point!

Will Disney do anything to try and get hold of the other Marvel licences, i.e. Spider-Man, FF & X-Men?

I think the other studios have a deal where if they don't put out a new movie in a specific amount of time, the license reverses back to marvel. But of course Sony already has the next two spideys planned and fox has the wolverine and xmen first class 2 planned.