• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spider-man 3 villian?

96 posts in this topic

Here's a nice little summary on who CARRION is....

Who was Carrion, and why was he saying those nasty things about Peter Parker?

Well, once upon a time there was a very beautiful young woman who went by the name of Gwen Stacy. Peter Parker loved her, and he might have given up his career as the Amazing Spider-man to marry her...if she hadn't been mercilessly murdered by the original Green Goblin. It took Peter years to get over the loss of Gwen...but there was another who had loved her as deeply as Peter, without ever revealing that love, and who suffered so that, in time, the thought of her death drove Professor Miles Warren over sanity's edge.

Yes, Warren went mad, and blamed Spider-man for Gwen's death. Now, normally, a madman's hatred might not prove much of a menace...but Warren was a genius. First he cloned Gwen Stacy, creating an exact replica of the original, and then used this poor creature as bait when, as the Jackal, Warren himself tried to destroy our hero...only to die himself. End of story? Not quite for, as we've said, Warren was a genius. Thus, before his death, Warren had extracted one of his own cells, and set about cloning it. But Warren never returned to monitor the process. The cell divided, a clone of Miles Warren was born, lived...and died...in a special life-preserving culture.

When finally released, Warren's clone emerged from the life-sustaining fluids with the ghastly powers of the cadaverous...Carrion!

Thus, Carrion knew everything about Peter Parker that Warren himself had known...except that Warren had recanted his hatred of Spider-man and had, in fact, died to save our amazing arachnid's life!

It took all the combined powers of Spider-man and the White Tiger to defeat Carrion, and finally lay the memory of Miles Warren to rest....

I insist on white pages, and although a 9.9 would be awesome, no way will I go 3,500, just don't have the dough for that. I remember this is one of the very first comics I ever had. My Dad bought me a subscription to spidey and hulk when I was about 4, and I got 231 through something, they are so torn to peices, so this is one of those childhood comics I have been after for awhile. I can remember putting paper over the cover and tracing it with pencil, then hanging it up on my bedroom wall. I love this comic! Thanks for the heads up though.

893applaud-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

cloud9.gif

I thought Harry became the Green Goblin and Macendale was Hobgoblin. Forgive my lack of knowledge in Spider-man lore, it's changed so much over the years.

The Hobgoblin was originally Ned Leeds (reporter for the Daily Bugle). Then Jason Macendale (the mercenary by the name of "Jack O' Lantern" at the time) hired an assassin (the "Foreigner" -- yes, lame name) to kill Hobgoblin, and he did. Mackendale took possession of the Hobgoblin's equipment, etc., and became the Hobgoblin. This takes us up to the early 1990s, when I stopped reading comics.

Then the stories got stupid and he became some kind of a demon, then some other stuff happened. For all I know, Aunt May could have become the Hobgoblin during the mid-1990s. Wouldn't surprise me at all. foreheadslap.gif

I thought Harry became the Green Goblin and Macendale was Hobgoblin. Forgive my lack of knowledge in Spider-man lore, it's changed so much over the years.

The Hobgoblin was originally Ned Leeds (reporter for the Daily Bugle). Then Jason Macendale (the mercenary by the name of "Jack O' Lantern" at the time) hired an assassin (the "Foreigner" -- yes, lame name) to kill Hobgoblin, and he did. Mackendale took possession of the Hobgoblin's equipment, etc., and became the Hobgoblin. This takes us up to the early 1990s, when I stopped reading comics.

Then the stories got stupid and he became some kind of a demon, then some other stuff happened. For all I know, Aunt May could have become the Hobgoblin during the mid-1990s. Wouldn't surprise me at all. foreheadslap.gif

I thought DemoGoblin was a seperate entity? I thought that Lefty Donovan was the original Hobgoblin or something and that Leeds was brainwashed or something and wasn't really Hobgoblin most of the time in the early 80's but was actually Lefty? 893frustrated.gif

I thought that Lefty Donovan was the original Hobgoblin or something and that Leeds was brainwashed or something and wasn't really Hobgoblin most of the time in the early 80's but was actually Lefty? 893frustrated.gif

This is why I don't buy Moderns anymore. 893frustrated.gif

I do believe that the whole "Ned Leeds was the Hobgoblin" has been retconned in some lameass mini-series or whatnot, probably around the time Marvel exhumed Norman Osborne's fetid corpse. foreheadslap.gif

I thought DemoGoblin was a seperate entity? I thought that Lefty Donovan was the original Hobgoblin or something and that Leeds was brainwashed or something and wasn't really Hobgoblin most of the time in the early 80's but was actually Lefty? 893frustrated.gif

No, Lefty Donovan was a hood who Ned Leeds hired so that he could experiment with the green goblin serum on a human subject. (Before Hobgoblin exposed himself to the serum and got super strength.) Lefty died in ASM#245. If Marvel did away with this continuity some time after 1992 or 1993, then I missed it.

No, Lefty Donovan was a hood who Ned Leeds hired so that he could experiment with the green goblin serum on a human subject. (Before Hobgoblin exposed himself to the serum and got super strength.) Lefty died in ASM#245. If Marvel did away with this continuity some time after 1992 or 1993, then I missed it.

foreheadslap.gif Your right. I knew there was a name I couldn't remember. But Lefty popped in my head so I thought what other Hobgoblin could be left? Now I remeber it wasn't Lefty who I was thinking of. I think they said Roderick Kingsley was the real Hobgoblin back in the 1980's and that Leeds was pretty much set up by him.

I do believe that the whole "Ned Leeds was the Hobgoblin" has been retconned in some lameass mini-series or whatnot, probably around the time Marvel exhumed Norman

I always thought that Ned leeds was the Hobgoblin, but I did hear something about a mini-series that 'explained' who the Hobgoblin really was. Not Leeds, Not Macendale... confused-smiley-013.gif

Why can't marvel ever keep things simple? 893frustrated.gif

Because their writers are hacks, and rather than creating something new, they simply pick apart something old.

The funny thing was, that Marvel made sure to keep Ned Leeds and Flash Thompson as the only characters Hobgoblin could possibly be, and then later, conveniently forgot all about it.

I do believe that the whole "Ned Leeds was the Hobgoblin" has been retconned in some lameass mini-series or whatnot, probably around the time Marvel exhumed Norman

I always thought that Ned leeds was the Hobgoblin, but I did hear something about a mini-series that 'explained' who the Hobgoblin really was. Not Leeds, Not Macendale... confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm sure a quick search of the net...or simpky Sam Ruby would all give us the answer we're looking for. tonofbricks.gif

I love how all these master criminals (cough) retire for years, and then miraculously come back just in time for another retcon. 27_laughing.gif

Man, Marvel Moderns suck hard. I think I got a brain tumor reading this convoluted Hobgoblin I/II/III/IV/V/Demogoblin/Macendale horsecrap.