• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 Phoenix Comic Con sketches and Pics!

30 posts in this topic

This year's Phoenix Comic Con was amazing! The Con just gets better with each passing year. I want to say thanks to the crew from CGC. Bree, Mike, Andrew, and Bradley did a fantastic job! Here are some of the sketches I had done:

If a collector is able to obtain 2 David Finch sketches in thier lifetime, they had a good collecting life. My wife and I were able to get FOUR....WOW!

PhoenixConFinchBatman.jpg[/img]

PhoenixConFinchWolverine.jpg[/img]

PhoenixConFinchSpider-Man.jpg[/img]

PhoenixConFinchMoonKnight.jpg[/img]

Billy Tucci, probably the nicest guy you'll ever meet at a Con, did this Black Widow:

PhoenixConTucciBlackCat.jpg[/img]

Speaking of Black Widow, here are a couple by the great George Perez:

PhoenixConPerezBlackWidowb-1.jpg[/img]

PhoenixConPerezBlackWidowa.jpg[/img]

George also did a Beast and a Captain America:

PhoenixConPerezBeast.jpg[/img]

PhoenixConPerezCapAm.jpg[/img]

I was able to get my first Layton Iron-Man. Bob is quite a character:

PhoenixConLaytonIron-Man.jpg[/img]

Here is an amazing sketch by Tim Vigil. It's his homage to Timely's Sub-Mariner Comics # 11 classic Schomburg cover:

PhoenixConVigilHulk.jpg[/img]

A closer look....

PhoenixConVigilHulkb.jpg[/img]

Wow,

Great Haul Triston

The Batman has to be my favorite :)

Ya Billy Tucci was super nice. He offered up his Diet cokes while waiting for sketches

The Finch line was always long. I really wanted a sketch from him... maybe next time

I saw Finch's rates they were outrageous. $60 for a head, $120 for head and Torso, 250 for full body. Compared to George Perez who only charged $25 to do one character with a head and a bit of the Torso. If you want a great comic sketch for good prices stop by Andy Carreon's and Shelby Robertson's tables. I had other stuff I needed to get signed and submitted so Finch was just out of my price range.

I saw Finch's rates they were outrageous. $60 for a head, $120 for head and Torso, 250 for full body. Compared to George Perez who only charged $25 to do one character with a head and a bit of the Torso. If you want a great comic sketch for good prices stop by Andy Carreon's and Shelby Robertson's tables. I had other stuff I needed to get signed and submitted so Finch was just out of my price range.

I would say that 'high' and 'out of my price range' are not quite the same thing as 'outrageous', although I happily admit that it's subjective. Its not like he charges $1000 per sketch or something way above market for someone of his stature and current popularity.