• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daily Grade: X-Men #34

45 posts in this topic

Is that a production crease and not a tear on the bottom of the back cover?

no worse than 5.5

I wouldn't go 5.0 on this one. I'd say it's also a 5.5 to 6.0. Are those two tears in the top edge? If so, then 5.0 to 5.5, leaning toward 5.5 still. The book looks pretty tight overall. Good eye appeal from the scan.

Now HERE's a 5.0:

PM%207s.jpg

893frustrated.gif That's the trouble with scans . . . you really need to have the book in hand. confused-smiley-013.gif

FFB,

The funny thing is that these two books aren't even in the same league, nevermind ballpark. This is a good example of how scans are imperfect, no matter how well done. confused-smiley-013.gif

It might be interesting to point out that 5 of the books from this particular pedigree (the "tomato box" pedigree, starting at #23) were CGC'ed. The lowest grade received was 7.5, the highest was 8.5, and the lowest page quality was O/W.

Gentlemen, I am perplexed at your evaluations. confused-smiley-013.gif

It might be interesting to point out that 5 of the books from this particular pedigree (the "tomato box" pedigree, starting at #23) were CGC'ed. The lowest grade received was 7.5, the highest was 8.5, and the lowest page quality was O/W.

Gentlemen, I am perplexed at your evaluations. confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif I said 7.0 so I was close smile.gif

I like the relatively fresh appearance, but I'd have to go 5.5/6.0 due to the reading creases. That Plastic Man is in about the same ballpark grade-wise, but just has different problems.

Nice book, David!