• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Owner 1951-1952 Horror Up for Auction starting tonight

21 posts in this topic

So..last week my friend goes to an estate sale... and sees a pile of comics, makes an offer and picks them up.

He sells them to another mutual friend of ours..who in turn gives them to me to process for pressing/grading..and eventual selling..

Anyway, I'm looking at about 30 mostly horror comics - all from 1951 to 1952. They are clearly original owner from what I'm seeing..date stamps are similar.. and I put them up here for your appreciation (I'm taking great pleasure in checking these out! ..the cover colors are really bright..some pages look pretty white to me) They are not for sale right now.. but I will make a post on this thread when they do go up for auction.

It's cool to see there are still undiscovered original owner collections out there..albeit small... it gives me renewed hope! \:\)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm pretty sure that would be the highest graded copy of G.I. Joe #11 if i sent it.. the question is..would anybody care? lol

Well, that's in fact issue # 2 (as you probably, there is another issue # 11 and that's the one I need, I have a copy of this one) so there might be interest ... but, yeah, not really. I typically do not run into much competition for any issue in the run unless it's from circa 1954 (yours is 1951) when the covers start showcasing damsels in distress. So, my guess, those looking for a copy probably already have one.

Here's my copy of # 9 -

GIJoe9.jpg

Very nice group of books btw. :applause:

I love those painted covers :)

I'm pretty sure that would be the highest graded copy of G.I. Joe #11 if i sent it.. the question is..would anybody care? lol

Well, that's in fact issue # 2 (as you probably, there is another issue # 11 and that's the one I need, I have a copy of this one) so there might be interest ... but, yeah, not really. I typically do not run into much competition for any issue in the run unless it's from circa 1954 (yours is 1951) when the covers start showcasing damsels in distress. So, my guess, those looking for a copy probably already have one.

Here's my copy of # 9 -

GIJoe9.jpg

Very nice group of books btw. :applause: