• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee at Wizard World in Chicago

22 posts in this topic

Hello Everybody!

Last March, I was at C2E2 and had Neal Adams, Joe Kubert and others signed my books. Paid $10 per copy for Neal Adams and $5 per copy for Joe Kubert. Those signature prices do not apply to the tiers but I did the paperworks for CGC to do specific details and costs.

This August, I will be at Wizard World in Chicago. Just wondered how much I will have to pay for each Stan Lee signature. I personally never met him but I always have the authorized CGC dealers to take care of my books for the signatures for few years. Finally Stan Lee comes to my hometown.

I know the dealers' prices but again I need to know how much it will cost me for each Stan Lee signature at the convention.

Anyone had this experiences? Which one will save me more money by having the authorized CGC dealer or by doing myself?

Your information is invaluable that will save my money - even papeworks and time consuming at CGC booth.

Sincerely yours, Cavetechdiver.

Check DesertWind's website for prices. Apparently, they have an exclusive arrangement for Stan signature series books at conventions. Good luck.

Check DesertWind's website for prices. Apparently, they have an exclusive arrangement for Stan signature series books at conventions. Good luck.
that who i went with when i got it slabbed

that who i went with when i got it slabbed

That's who everybody goes with when they get a Stan sig at a convention.

Last I saw, Stan had cancelled all upcoming appearances:

Stan Lee has canceled his Monday appearance at the 2012 Hero Complex Film Festival , according to Theo Dumont, a spokesman at Lee’s POW Entertainment.

Lee, the 89-year-old comic book icon, was the centerpiece of the final night of the festival, which was also to include video-taped greetings from industry peers and Hollywood elite as well as a screening of “X-Men,” the movie that 12 years ago ushered in the new era of superhero cinema. The festival, in its third year, will now end on Sunday night.

Lee is distraught and depressed about the recent death of business associate Arthur Lieberman, according to Yuka Kobayashi, another staffer at POW Entertainment. While Lieberman died on May 1 , Kobayashi said the collective fatigue of multiple appearances tied to “The Avengers” release have made it necessary for Lee to clear his upcoming schedule. Lee will be appearing Saturday at the Dallas Comic-Con but will cut the trip short and will not be at the Texas event on Sunday as previously announced.

Lee will be canceling all other upcoming events on his schedule, according to Kobayashi. Lee himself could not be reached for comment.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/05/17/hero-complex-film-festival-stan-lee-cancels-monday-appearance/

I saw that as well but according to the show promoter here Stan has added a third day to his appearance here, so I guess it is yet to been seen..

Last I saw, Stan had cancelled all upcoming appearances:

Stan Lee has canceled his Monday appearance at the 2012 Hero Complex Film Festival , according to Theo Dumont, a spokesman at Lee’s POW Entertainment.

Lee, the 89-year-old comic book icon, was the centerpiece of the final night of the festival, which was also to include video-taped greetings from industry peers and Hollywood elite as well as a screening of “X-Men,” the movie that 12 years ago ushered in the new era of superhero cinema. The festival, in its third year, will now end on Sunday night.

Lee is distraught and depressed about the recent death of business associate Arthur Lieberman, according to Yuka Kobayashi, another staffer at POW Entertainment. While Lieberman died on May 1 , Kobayashi said the collective fatigue of multiple appearances tied to “The Avengers” release have made it necessary for Lee to clear his upcoming schedule. Lee will be appearing Saturday at the Dallas Comic-Con but will cut the trip short and will not be at the Texas event on Sunday as previously announced.

Lee will be canceling all other upcoming events on his schedule, according to Kobayashi. Lee himself could not be reached for comment.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/05/17/hero-complex-film-festival-stan-lee-cancels-monday-appearance/

I think it would still be smart to keep up with Stan news and wait til the last second before buying tix if your sole reason for going to these cons is to see him.

I think it would still be smart to keep up with Stan news and wait til the last second before buying tix if your sole reason for going to these cons is to see him.

I would agree. At the very least don't buy tickets for the Stan autographs until the day of the show.

$50 sig plus $88 cgc cost (that is $138 total). That would be done by yourself (I tried to figure it out if it is cheap).

If I go with Desert Wind Comics, it would be Ecomony Tier at $130 before adding up the cost for the shipping/insurance.

Sounds like doing myself would save more money unless you'd agree with me.

You can't do it by yourself - all SS books for Stan Lee have to go through Desertwind.

DWC will allow you to submit under your own account number, but then then charge you a handling fee that would cover their profit. It is cheapest to just sub through them if you opt to go that way. NYComics Masters series is another highly recommended way to get a Stan signature.

If you buy Stan Lee tickets through our web store and use Paypal, the tickets are 100% refundable. If you use a credit card, there is a small fee the credit card company will not refund. I mentioned this because last year at Baltimore I do believe the Saturday tickets sold out.

The $88 fee mentioned above would be economy, fast track, form fee and return shipping (but that actually comes to $86). You can save $8 if you ship UPS but they only insure up to $100 for the entire shipment (so I have been told). If you have a dealer account, you can make arrangements and if want to help Stan's crew with the insanity, DWC fees can be waived. Also if you want to drop books off and not stand in line, that is an option as well. Just be sure you completely fill out your invoice and take the green copy.

Sharon

If you buy Stan Lee tickets through our web store and use Paypal, the tickets are 100% refundable. If you use a credit card, there is a small fee the credit card company will not refund. I mentioned this because last year at Baltimore I do believe the Saturday tickets sold out.

The $88 fee mentioned above would be economy, fast track, form fee and return shipping (but that actually comes to $86). You can save $8 if you ship UPS but they only insure up to $100 for the entire shipment (so I have been told). If you have a dealer account, you can make arrangements and if want to help Stan's crew with the insanity, DWC fees can be waived. Also if you want to drop books off and not stand in line, that is an option as well. Just be sure you completely fill out your invoice and take the green copy.

Sharon

hm