• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you bother responding to this?

82 posts in this topic

Got this email through eBay today, regarding a restored book I have for sale. Personally, I think it's fairly rude and I am probably going to ignore it, but figured I would get some opinions first.

"since this book is restored , with the PURPLE LABEL OF DEATH , AS IT'S GRADING CARD , WHAT'S THE LOWEST PRICE YOUR WILLING TO GO ON THIS BOOK . keep in mind the purple label HURTS it's value and scares a lot of people away, THEY WON'T BUY IT , BECAUSE OF IT . --- maybe we can work out a price for it , if your willing to bring your price down to A FAIR value for a RESTORED COMIC ......."

Got this email through eBay today, regarding a restored book I have for sale. Personally, I think it's fairly rude and I am probably going to ignore it, but figured I would get some opinions first.

"since this book is restored , with the PURPLE LABEL OF DEATH , AS IT'S GRADING CARD , WHAT'S THE LOWEST PRICE YOUR WILLING TO GO ON THIS BOOK . keep in mind the purple label HURTS it's value and scares a lot of people away, THEY WON'T BUY IT , BECAUSE OF IT . --- maybe we can work out a price for it , if your willing to bring your price down to A FAIR value for a RESTORED COMIC ......."

Was that a message sent to you from Robojo33? :facepalm:

whatever you reply, make sure it's in SCREAMING CAPS!

+1

Assuming your asking price already takes into account the degree of restorative work done and depending on the book in question, I'd thank him for looking ....

Theo? :whistle:

......I try to ignore a person's obvious lack of social skills....after all, some people were raised in a sewer by a three legged wharf rat.....sometimes they just can't help it. I'd give 'em my lowest offer and stay concise and professional. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend 0of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. What book is it that this person with such disdain for -PLODs is nevertheless eager to obtain ?.....I might want it.

I don't think you've got it priced badly at all. You've got it at under half blue label GPA average.

Resto is only Slight. Small amt color touch.

I'd just ignore the guy.

Theo? :whistle:

My immediate thought was Mitch.... hm

Definitely complete junk you're selling there

:jokealert:

Sadly I had something similar happen to me. A prospective buyer was quoting OSPG for a key book I had for sale, saying I was "X" dollars over guide and that he was interested but that my price was way out of line with FMV. I just told him thanks but I'm good with my price and broke down his OSPG argument vs. GPA.

"Given your caps lock key has shorted out and someone has obviously pilfered your question mark key, perhaps you'd be better suited spending your cash on a new KEYBOARD."

"Given your caps lock key has shorted out and someone has obviously pilfered your question mark key, perhaps you'd be better suited spending your cash on a new KEYBOARD."

lol