• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anybody else recieved this??

10 posts in this topic

In an email message:

***Urgent Safeharbor Department Notice***

Fraud Alert ID : ********

You have received this email because you or someone had used your account to make fake bids on eBay. For security purposes, we are required to open an investigation into this matter. To help speed up this process, you are require to verify your eBay account by following the link below.

http://scgi.ebay.com/verify_id=ebay&user=********

Please save this fraud alert id for your reference

Please Note - If your account informations are not updated within the next 72 hours, then we will assume this account is fraudulent and will be cancelled. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to ensure that your eBay account has not been fraudulently used and to combat fraud.

We apreciate your support and understading, as we work together to keep eBay a safe place to trade

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards, Safeharbor Department (Trust and Safety Department)

eBay Inc.

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification mail sent to this address cannot answered

Copyright 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. is located at Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125

Scam!? 893frustrated.gif

YES!

What did you do about it?

It says not to reply to the email but I might just write them something back. Something like

"You have received this email because you have perpitrated a scam to someone who does not appreciate it. Because of this I am required to open an investigation into this matter. To help speed up this process, you are require to verify your stupidacy by following the link below."

F*OFF.com

Please save this email for your reference and open the link if you think about F'ing around with someone else.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards, and F*OFF!!

grin.gif

Are you trying to ape the bad grammar of most scammers?

Something like that... grin.gif

You should forward the email to "spoof@ebay.com", and they'll investigate it (and probably shut down the link). I have the eBay toolbar, which allows you to report suspicious sites to eBay, so I click on the link, then report the site.