• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Authentication

4 posts in this topic

Thought I would post this here and see if anyone has any ideas. I was re-bagging my collection of Lee/Kirby Fantastic Fours. I have not looked inside most of these books for 20+ years. I have a copy of issue number 49 (5.5) that I purchased from a back issue bin back in the late 80s or early 90s - I can't be sure exactly when I purchased it. However, when I opened it, I found Stan Lee's signature at the bottom of the splash page. I must not have paid attention to it when I first purchased it, thinking something was just goofing around in the book. However, after finding images of Stan's signature on the internet and on this site, I believe the signature is his. Does anyone here know how or if I can get this authenticated?

Thought I would post this here and see if anyone has any ideas. I was re-bagging my collection of Lee/Kirby Fantastic Fours. I have not looked inside most of these books for 20+ years. I have a copy of issue number 49 (5.5) that I purchased from a back issue bin back in the late 80s or early 90s - I can't be sure exactly when I purchased it. However, when I opened it, I found Stan Lee's signature at the bottom of the splash page. I must not have paid attention to it when I first purchased it, thinking something was just goofing around in the book. However, after finding images of Stan's signature on the internet and on this site, I believe the signature is his. Does anyone here know how or if I can get this authenticated?
This sig would never be eligible for the CGC signature series slabs but, you can get it authenticated here.

http://www.spenceloa.com/