• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The official "The Dark Knight Rises" thread

23 posts in this topic

Did a search and was surpised that a official thread for this movie didn't exist yet.

There was new footage released last night at the MTV Movie Awards and I thought it deserved to be shared.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/01/dark-knight-rises-mtv-trailer_n_1563376.html?ref=entertainment

The shot where Bane grabs Batman's fist and gives him the stare down is SICK.

What's the over/under on how many times Chip is going to see this one? hm

I'm thinking I will see this three times in theatres. Same amount i saw the original Dark Knight.

is this where we are supposed to talk about The Avengers movie?

Absolutely :screwy:

lol

If this is anywhere near as good as the last two Bat movies and the Avengers film you mention then it will a great watch. :cloud9:

is this where we are supposed to talk about The Avengers movie?

Absolutely :screwy:

lol

If this is anywhere near as good as the last two Bat movies and the Avengers film you mention then it will a great watch. :cloud9:

I can't imagine anything being better than The Dark Knight. Avengers is my second favorite super hero movie, but not in the same class as DK.

Warner Bros. sets licensing for 'Batman' show

batman_show.jpg

Rights issues resolved on Fox's campy 1960s series

By Marc Graser

As a blitz of merchandise hits store shelves for "The Dark Knight Rises," Warner Bros. is turning to a campier source for a new Caped Crusader product: the 1960s "Batman" TV series.

For the first time in 40 years, Warner Bros. Consumer Products will be able to use the likeness of the show's stars, including Adam West, Burt Ward, Cesar Romero and Burgess Meredith, on everything from apparel to toys, home goods, publishing and promotions.

WBCP will introduce the new "Batman" product opportunities to potential partners and retailers at next week's Licensing Expo, running June 12-14 in Las Vegas. First products will launch in the spring.

Retailers had requested a larger merchandise line tied to the show over the years, but studio arm had previously been able to use only the series' logo, POW!-packed animated opening sequence and the Batmobile for product, not the actors, due to rights issues as the series was produced by 20th Century Fox. As a result, studio was limited to a small line of T-shirts and a die-cast Batmobile made by Mattel.

Studio began negotiating with Fox, West and the estates of the show's other thesps for the rights to their likenesses in August 2009. Batman is a DC Comics character.

Division is eager to exploit the "Batman" series, which aired on ABC from 1966-68, especially its colorful characters, gadgets like the Bat phone and Bat boat, and kitschy humor, an easier sell for retailers than the darker, more serious and gritty tone of Christopher Nolan's film trilogy.

Company is talking to department stores about carrying exclusive lines of "Batman" show merchandise, the way Bloomingdale's turned to its household brands like Marc Jacobs and Psycho Bunny to tap into the 75th anniversary of DC Comics.

"For the first time in over 40 years we will be able to offer fans a full merchandise program that captures the classic, kitschy look and feel of the original 'Batman' TV show," said Brad Globe, president of Warner Bros. Consumer Products. "This new licensing program allows our partners to take advantage of the characters, gadgets and humor that made the show a smash hit in its day and a perennial favorite decades later."

Warner Bros. also will promote "Man of Steel," the next two "Hobbit" films, "The Looney Tunes Show," "The Wizard of Oz," "Scooby-Doo" and "ThunderCats" TV shows at the Licensing Expo.

LINK

batman_show.jpg

By Marc Graser

As a blitz of merchandise hits store shelves for "The Dark Knight Rises," Warner Bros. is turning to a campier source for a new Caped Crusader product: the 1960s "Batman" TV series.

For the first time in 40 years, Warner Bros. Consumer Products will be able to use the likeness of the show's stars, including Adam West, Burt Ward, Cesar Romero and Burgess Meredith, on everything from apparel to toys, home goods, publishing and promotions.

WBCP will introduce the new "Batman" product opportunities to potential partners and retailers at next week's Licensing Expo, running June 12-14 in Las Vegas. First products will launch in the spring.

Retailers had requested a larger merchandise line tied to the show over the years, but studio arm had previously been able to use only the series' logo, POW!-packed animated opening sequence and the Batmobile for product, not the actors, due to rights issues as the series was produced by 20th Century Fox. As a result, studio was limited to a small line of T-shirts and a die-cast Batmobile made by Mattel.

Studio began negotiating with Fox, West and the estates of the show's other thesps for the rights to their likenesses in August 2009. Batman is a DC Comics character.

Division is eager to exploit the "Batman" series, which aired on ABC from 1966-68, especially its colorful characters, gadgets like the Bat phone and Bat boat, and kitschy humor, an easier sell for retailers than the darker, more serious and gritty tone of Christopher Nolan's film trilogy.

Company is talking to department stores about carrying exclusive lines of "Batman" show merchandise, the way Bloomingdale's turned to its household brands like Marc Jacobs and Psycho Bunny to tap into the 75th anniversary of DC Comics.

"For the first time in over 40 years we will be able to offer fans a full merchandise program that captures the classic, kitschy look and feel of the original 'Batman' TV show," said Brad Globe, president of Warner Bros. Consumer Products. "This new licensing program allows our partners to take advantage of the characters, gadgets and humor that made the show a smash hit in its day and a perennial favorite decades later."

Warner Bros. also will promote "Man of Steel," the next two "Hobbit" films, "The Looney Tunes Show," "The Wizard of Oz," "Scooby-Doo" and "ThunderCats" TV shows at the Licensing Expo.

LINK

Think that means a DVD/Blu-Ray box set of the series could be in the near future? :wishluck:

batman_show.jpg

By Marc Graser

LINK

Think that means a DVD/Blu-Ray box set of the series could be in the near future? :wishluck:

I hope so!

Here's Bleeding Cool's take on it...

Holy… well, moly.

Warner Bros. have cleared the rights to merchandise the 1960s Batman TV series, including the use of Adam West and Burt Ward’s likenesses. The company will be revealing their plans at next week’s Licensing Expo in Las Vegas, and moving ahead to recruit partners that will actually manufacture and sell the dolls, pillowcases, disposable diapers or, I suppose, lunch boxes.

It doesn’t sound, from Variety‘s report, that these deals have cleared the way for the show to come to DVD or, dare I dream, Blu-ray, but it is, at the very least, a step in the right direction.

Here’s Warner Bros. president of Consumer Products, Brad Globe, on the potential of this deal:

For the first time in over 40 years we will be able to offer fans a full merchandise program that captures the classic, kitschy look and feel of the original Batman TV show. This new licensing program allows our partners to take advantage of the characters, gadgets and humor that made the show a smash hit in its day and a perennial favorite decades later.

Put me down for a pair of socks and a novelty birthday card that says Holy something or other when you open it.

Who wants to bet me 100 Bleeding Cool points that Warner get Adam West and Burt Ward to make personal appearances at the show next week?

Not a big fan of Catwoman's tiara thingee, but Anna Hathaways hotness overcomes it. Can't wait to see Tom Hardy as Bane (I hope he channels some Bronson).

Not a big fan of Catwoman's tiara thingee, but Anna Hathaways hotness overcomes it. Can't wait to see Tom Hardy as Bane (I hope he channels some Bronson).

Tom Hardy is going to make a great Bane. (no dog pun intended)

Tom Hardy is going to make a great Bane. (no dog pun intended)

I'm really glad they cleaned his voice up. Sounds so much better in the new previews than it did during the 6 minute trailer before Ghost Protocol.

He is going to be an absolute beast.

dam - I thought this was the latest gay thread. Or maybe it is....,? :think: