• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redhook Opens His Mini-Vault ...... please offer your grades.

77 posts in this topic

Your ASM #27 is a solid 7.0 if back cover dings are not as bad in person.

Spine is really nice.. only ULC keep it from being really clean.

Color looks awesome.. is it as nice as it looks?Aside from the dirt on the ASM letters.. is that all over the cover? and we just cant see it that well?

Ever wonderbread this 1?

A shame back cover does not seem to have the "pop" the front does.

What can you attribute that too?

Back seems much more faded.

Over all a 8.5 looking book.. but URC and ULC , and cover/back dirt,. hold it back I fear.. still a really nice looking book.. that you should be proud of.

Z

Hi Aces. You are hereby relieved of duty! 27_laughing.gif Just avoid the thread. Can't keep everyone happy. Sorry.

Just don't put the pic inside the thread (use a link).

When you do ever time I open the thread I have to wait for the pics to load and if there are multiple pics... sleeping.gif

makepoint.gif

Thanks FFB. Here is the last one for today....... a MB smaller. Nice gloss, victimized by ink transfer, obviously. A little wear at the lower left spine. Staples shot through the front. Something tells me this is also a tough book. Rough bottom edge on front and bottom. I think it's maybe a 7.0 or an 8.0?

The thing is, because these books have been with me so long, these are the ones that will get slabbed and stay with me. Call me sentimental. When I add new books to my collection, I'll probably go for the best I can afford. Thanks to everyone for their input.

Classic Ink Transfer!

I don't see anything on this book that would bring it below 8.0. I'd say around 8.0 to 8.5 is probably right.

A shame back cover does not seem to have the "pop" the front does.

What can you attribute that too?

Back seems much more faded.

Z

Z,

My guess is the BC is slightly discolored due to acidification between the last page and the inside BC - telltale pattern. hi.gif

Redhook: A solid 8.5/9.0.

i think ucla has got this one pegged right. just enough minor little things to keep it from being a real HG, but this book is notoriously difficult in grade and it's still a beauty thumbsup2.gif

Well, be assured when I send these in I will share the grades with you.

How about these grades from my daughter Dayna she just got today:

SAT-2's (what we old farts used to call the achievement tests).

Writing - 700 out of 800

Literature - 710 out of 800

American History - 650 out of 800

acclaim.gif

woot! mad props for that!

/me remembers taking his SAT II's...good times, good times.