• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

so i asked a LCS is he had any revival variants. he said yeah, but couldn't find it (he was sure he hadn't sold it though). he took my email, and if he finds it, he'd sell it to me for $5. funny thing is, he kept telling me how ugly the cover was. not sure which cover it was, but he said it wasn't the regular cover. kinda odd to be a comic book seller and bad mouth a sell (tho i made it clear i'd buy it anyway).

well, cover B isn't exactly beautiful....i guess if you like floating dead animals it might get your engine revved up.

that's what i assume he has...funny because i like that cover more than any other i've seen. and i'm hoping he finds it. i'd love to get it for $5

I know we all have our copies, or are hunting down the Thompson or CBDLF variants. Now here's the real question, how many of ya'll have actually read the book?

i think most of us have. i did, and enjoyed it very much. i for one, didn't see the end coming

Good to hear. I bought a reader the day it came out, just seeing Seely's name on it. Didn't know the speculation would start, but I'm glad that a lot of ya'll are fans of the book as well as variant hunters and #1 hoarders ;)

I know we all have our copies, or are hunting down the Thompson or CBDLF variants. Now here's the real question, how many of ya'll have actually read the book?

i think most of us have. i did, and enjoyed it very much. i for one, didn't see the end coming

Really? I thought that was really obvious. Not that it lessened my enjoyment of the book.

This was probably the best first issue I've read since Morning Glories #1. It felt kind of like a super-natural Sweet Tooth with tighter art.

Book of the month for me.

Followed by Dancer #3 and then probably WD #100 (Just for the Rocky Balboa "Aaaadriaaaaaannnnnnn" scene at the end).

I'd been eager to read this ever since seeing it waaaay back in Previews. I got a little worried that I was over hyping the book to myself.

Glad I wasn't dissappointed.

Plenty of back-story and supporting characters hinted at in the first issue to suggest some fine storytelling is inbound.

Plus the art is great. As I stated earier in the thread Cover A is one of my favourite modern covers already. Fully-clothed women (In fact, overly-clothed) makes a refreshing change from my usual GFT pulls :)

Just got word from CGC on my revival's I sent in... 9.8 :grin:

I got a 9.4 on the convention variant though. doh! Not sure what's wrong with it as it looked like a 9.8.

Shameless plug: I posted these for sale in the forum before I get them back from CGC to put on eBay if anyone is interested

Yeah, I have no idea what happened. As soon as I can get graders notes, I will post about it. It looked just as good if not better than the regular ones. Maybe I shouldn't have used it to wipe up the beer I spilled before I sent it off. (tsk)

Edited by HugeRosen

9.4????????

Was there any water/dampness damage? I don't see how else the con exclusive could get dinged if you thought it was a 9.8. The stock its printed on is pretty durable, and since its white, you'd be able to see any off-color marks real easy.

Nothing that I could tell but I basically got them, packaged it, and sent it in for grading. I took a quick look at it for any corner damage or markings but nothing stood out. I'm also not an expert by any means in knowing exactly what to look for but 9.6 would've been the worst I was expecting. Maybe there was some damage during shipment but I sent in 12 books and 11 came back 9.8. (shrug)

Maybe they just entered it in the computer wrong. :wishluck: They do say that grades aren't finalized until they encapsulate the books so maybe I'll get a late bump.

Edited by HugeRosen

Did it lie flat or did they exhibit some curvature like the ones in this auction?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REVIVAL-1-CBDLF-2012-SDCC-VARIANT-BLACK-AND-WHITE-TIM-SEELEY-IMAGE-RARE-NM-/110918186078?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19d33d345e#ht_721wt_1209

You can always crack the slab, press and re-submit.

Edited by symbiotic