• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

I just wrote this to the seller:

Um, could you not use my picture of MY comic I sold a day ago? This isn't a 'stock photo'. It's a photo of an acutal graded copy that I have in my hand. If you want to use a 'stock photo', use the regular cover of the comic, not someone elses picture. This can mislead your buyers and my buyer who hasn't paid yet can see this and wonder what is going on. Thank you.

Just call eBay, man. Give them the cert number and they'll take action. I had a similar issue a long time ago.

I just wrote this to the seller:

Um, could you not use my picture of MY comic I sold a day ago? This isn't a 'stock photo'. It's a photo of an acutal graded copy that I have in my hand. If you want to use a 'stock photo', use the regular cover of the comic, not someone elses picture. This can mislead your buyers and my buyer who hasn't paid yet can see this and wonder what is going on. Thank you.

Just call eBay, man. Give them the cert number and they'll take action. I had a similar issue a long time ago.

Called eBay. They had me report him on the computer and the guy on the phone reported him as well. They said his listing will be taken down.

They said it could take up to 72 hours but because I called, he was going to 'escalate' the issue so it should be down within 24 hours

EDIT: It also says he's away until Aug 13th, so I think he's at the Chicago Comicon. Maybe I should have Dre find him and beat him up. :grin:

Edited by HugeRosen

The main problem I would have is that people, such as myself, actually look at the cgc cert#, and look it up, this guy could have his potential buyers be looking at your comic on the CGC site, which isn't fair for his potential buyers.

On the other hand, I'd be totally flattered if someone used my photo :luhv:

The main problem I would have is that people, such as myself, actually look at the cgc cert#, and look it up, this guy could have his potential buyers be looking at your comic on the CGC site, which isn't fair for his potential buyers.

On the other hand, I'd be totally flattered if someone used my photo :luhv:

I'll just use your post

They said it could take up to 72 hours but because I called, he was going to 'escalate' the issue so it should be down within 24 hours

EDIT: It also says he's away until Aug 13th, so I think he's at the Chicago Comicon. Maybe I should have Dre find him and beat him up. :grin:

And it's gone

^^

Yea I sent him a scathing email detailing how a 90lb 150lb. jewish Half Jewish guy with glorious golden curls and a wardrobe populated with baby pre-teen Gap and youth medium clothing was going to rock his world if he didn't take that picture down. I'm sure that's what did it.

Fixed that for you.

Edited by HugeRosen