• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

The CGC 9.8s are just following the usual trend. The first one sells for a stupid price and then they gradually fall off as the majority of the supply hits the open market. They'll stabalize at a certain price point (I'm thinking around $70) and hang there until the book either heats up or dies off.

After the first few 'gotta have it' collectors blow their wads, the majority realize that almost every copy is a potential 9.8 and $10 for the book + $25 for grading does not equal $100+.

If the story stays strong, the book should inch upward. If the story falls off, the book will die.

+1 This.

So mine switched to scheduled for grading yesterday. I wonder when that is...

yea, call them to find out grades

I did not realize that they actually will tell yo the grades over the phone. I will give them a call soon!

Had a good day today. Picked up two nice copies of #1 2nd print, one Epic Kill preview, and another 1:10 variant. Had to go to two shops but was totally worth it.

Also a heads up to anybody living in the Chicago area, If you are looking for 2nd prints of #1 head on over to Graham Cracker Comics in Downers Grove. They have about 7 left (some do have spine ticks). If you are looking for copies of #2 and #1 1st printing head over to Amazing Fantasy Comics in Tinley Park. They still have about 5 copies of #1 and about 25 copies of #2. However they do have a 3 copy limit per issue.

Friday used to be my favorite day of the week. Now... :sorry:

lol

I am still trying to understand why having a rational discussion about what is or isnt happening to a book's price is either

anger inducing

or sadness inducing

I think some people (rightly or wrongly) can tend to treat people that have only just arrived here with a couple of posts a little suspiciously. It's not a criticism of you. That's just how it is and it's happened to all of us. Sometimes people need to know you better before they'll respect your opinion (thumbs u

This part I thought was an interesting point considering how big Vertigo used to be.

Revival is just another in a long line of titles that are must reads. Soaring to heights of smart and compelling storytelling that we used to only see from DC Comics' Vertigo line, Image Comics is an unquestioned premier publisher of artistically solid sequential art stories.

The CGC 9.8s are just following the usual trend. The first one sells for a stupid price and then they gradually fall off as the majority of the supply hits the open market. They'll stabalize at a certain price point (I'm thinking around $70) and hang there until the book either heats up or dies off.

After the first few 'gotta have it' collectors blow their wads, the majority realize that almost every copy is a potential 9.8 and $10 for the book + $25 for grading does not equal $100+.

If the story stays strong, the book should inch upward. If the story falls off, the book will die.

thats what someone said about thief of thieves when the person sold the slab for 75 dollars before the big blow up..

I doubt the story line will start to take a dive for the crapper, we'll see how issue three goes..

thats what someone said about thief of thieves when the person sold the slab for 75 dollars before the big blow up..

I doubt the story line will start to take a dive for the crapper, we'll see how issue three goes..

Circumstances changed drastically for ToT when the TV show was announced, so it didn't follow a normal pattern. Saga would be a better comparison.

Don't get me wrong, I like the book and I think it has potential. I think $75 in the short run is a good return. The surplus will get absorbed and if the story and popularity holds up, the prices should begin to rise steadily around issue #6. At that point prices will be more stable. Unless of course an announcement comes in the meantime, then all bets are off.

Hello everyone, this will be my first posting here. I've been visiting this site for quite some time now. But I never did really registered to join in until now.

But this board influenced me into speculating. But I do not believe that it's the main idea of this board since it's titled collectors society. lol

Revival is my first horse in this speculating race, but so far I really enjoyed the book, so it's a win win situation for me, even if the book does spiral down in hype.

Hello everyone, this will be my first posting here. I've been visiting this site for quite some time now. But I never did really registered to join in until now.

But this board influenced me into speculating. But I do not believe that it's the main idea of this board since it's titled collectors society. lol

Revival is my first horse in this speculating race, but so far I really enjoyed the book, so it's a win win situation for me, even if the book does spiral down in hype.

WTTB - you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Welcome to the machine!

WTTB Have fun in the zoo (thumbs u

WTTB's - enjoy the spectacle!

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss.

lol

Thanks for the welcome guys. :)

seconded! been joined up for just a little while myself now...started by lurking for a solid year almost.... already had a bit of the speculation bug (mostly just quick flips for a few bucks weekly to fund the comics we buy for ourselves personally)

that slight itch turns to a full on fever quick.... with that said, welcome to the boards!!