• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

My name is George and this is my first post. I am from Vegas and this thread alone made me sign up for the site. I am a big Revival fan as you can see from my login name. This is will be a nice escape from my day-to-day life of being a Ph.D. student.

Hope to engage in some insightful conversations! And, oh yeah, Revival rocks!!!!

G

Welcome to the boards :) we are all hoarders here haha (i have 20+ copies of # 1) lol

@itsjustryan - I kept looking to see how your 9.9 was doing on ebay and couldnt find it. Then i switched over to .com and found it (I am Canadian, was on .ca) and see that you are only shipping to the US. To me that is just nuts, anyone selling in North America and doing US only and excluding Canada is just slicing a huge chunk(millions) of possible bidders out of the auction.

Canada has the highest internet usage/e-commerce purchases per capita in the WORLD, our dollar is currently worth more than the USD, (so buying USD stuff is a bargain right now), AND the USPS has all the same flat-rate services you (and everyone else) use to ship to the US, servicing Canada.

Millions of potential bidders, available with the same shipping service you already have in the auction, completely blocked from even seeing it? that's craaaazy.

Millions of Canadian comic book collectors???

On a side note, this thread is beginning to look like the 90's.

Edited by Chi Bamm

@itsjustryan - I kept looking to see how your 9.9 was doing on ebay and couldnt find it. Then i switched over to .com and found it (I am Canadian, was on .ca) and see that you are only shipping to the US. To me that is just nuts, anyone selling in North America and doing US only and excluding Canada is just slicing a huge chunk(millions) of possible bidders out of the auction.

Canada has the highest internet usage/e-commerce purchases per capita in the WORLD, our dollar is currently worth more than the USD, (so buying USD stuff is a bargain right now), AND the USPS has all the same flat-rate services you (and everyone else) use to ship to the US, servicing Canada.

Millions of potential bidders, available with the same shipping service you already have in the auction, completely blocked from even seeing it? that's craaaazy.

I just opened my ebay store (CA, US resident) a few months ago and seriously 40% of my business has been from Canada if that is any indication. The shipping charges are ridiculous and pretty hard to estimate although I am getting better at it.

Millions of Canadian comic book collectors???

On a side note, this thread is beginning to look like the 90's.

I think there are like 6 or 7 threads on the first page that look like the 90s. This one just seems to be bringing more out lately.

I think there are like 6 or 7 threads on the first page that look like the 90s. This one just seems to be bringing more out lately.

i don't remember any comics as cool as revival out in the 90s.

I meant with the hoarding. Just a tad scary is all.

I just don't understand why people think this is just another "hype" book, I'm thinking even if every boardie from the Modern section has 30 copies of #1, it won't be enough to cover the 18k print run, it sold out because it was good, deal with it.

Edited by ygerg

I meant with the hoarding. Just a tad scary is all.

nope, like housing it can only go up, forever. Anything else brings out the righteous indignation

I just don't understand why people think this is just another "hype" book,

Uh... because it's 2 issues in? hm

It IS a good read so far, and if the creators carry on, I think it'll continue to be good, but some degree of caution cannot be faulted.

Fatale tracked a similar trajectory initially.

It IS a good read so far, and if the creators carry on, I think it'll continue to be good, but some degree of caution cannot be faulted.

Fatale tracked a similar trajectory initially.

Fatale is a mini-series

ive mentioned it before, but will again.

if members have a concern that other boardies may be going overboard due to CGCing these modern books, tha ti can understand.

what i cannot understand is getting on someone that picks up 10 of these books a month. firstly that less then $30 a month and more importantly, that person is supporting a comic book that is owned by its creator. its not stuffed to the gills with ads and other like the big two's books are.

i dont know what you guys do for hobbies, but $30 a month is nothing when it comes to hobbies for me.

I just don't understand why people think this is just another "hype" book, I'm thinking even if every boardie from the Modern section has 30 copies of #1, it won't be enough to cover the 18k print run, it sold out because it was good, deal with it.

After reading everything about this comic here on the boards I decided to give it a read.Gotta admit I'm hooked and can't wait for the next issue.

Edited by Biohazard

There were plenty of cool comics from the 90's.

Several of the Valiant titles. Bone. Preacher. Strangers in Paradise.... (to name several off the top of my head) :gossip:

You're right but some people just go in with the ride for the quick buck without even flipping it open to read it, I'd say it's worth more than that quick back after you read it. But who am I to judge those guys.

Edited by ygerg

Fatale is a mini-series

the end of the run was announced later and tanked the book. the 9.9 auction sub-title says it all. "the next walking dead?" is what people are chasing with all these Image books.

If and when that gets taken off the table for any of them, implosion occurs. ToT is the "next walking dead", if there is one.

Revival is a good story, and its variants or ultra high CGCs will sell well. The main books are stalled hard, due to huge print run, and over abundance on ebay.