• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Those sellers didn't have tracking and took a big risk if it was an ebay transaction. I'd hook a boardie up with cheaper shipping but no way would I do that on ebay.

For priority with tracking, the prices I quoted are the prices. Go to USPS.com and use the international shipping calculator if you don't believe me.

I use it all the time, I posted a link to it earlier. right after I posted the link of the $19 dollar shipping on the ToT #1 CGC 9.6

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=CF000978159US

which DID have tracking(the link clearly shows), as i already said, cost depends on where you are. So, like the other guys said...4 pages of this, time to move on.

Just doing my part to dispel these Canada shipping urban legends.

i did not get tracking on my expensive raw.. but it came in 4 days time first class mail.. pretty fast if you ask me..

Canada to US..

Shipping From Canada to the US is a lot more expensive than shipping from the US to Canada.

However, US customs usually around and charges the Canadians extra after the item is delivered while the American customers just get there package.

Those sellers didn't have tracking and took a big risk if it was an ebay transaction. I'd hook a boardie up with cheaper shipping but no way would I do that on ebay.

For priority with tracking, the prices I quoted are the prices. Go to USPS.com and use the international shipping calculator if you don't believe me.

I use it all the time, I posted a link to it earlier. right after I posted the link of the $19 dollar shipping on the ToT #1 CGC 9.6

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=CF000978159US

which DID have tracking(the link clearly shows), as i already said, cost depends on where you are. So, like the other guys said...4 pages of this, time to move on.

as someone else mentioned before the seller is eating charges. I just did shipping from the same zipcode you posted the tracking for to canada for a 2 lb priority mail package (non-flat rate) and it comes up to $25 so if the seller is charging $19 they are losing out on $6 + the cut paypal takes out if you paid $12 or $13 whichever you said you paid for shipping the seller ate the other $12-13

edit to add: if it weighed half that it'd still be $23

Edited by riveraXVX

i did not get tracking on my expensive raw.. but it came in 4 days time first class mail.. pretty fast if you ask me..

Canada to US..

Shipping From Canada to the US is a lot more expensive than shipping from the US to Canada.

However, US customs usually around and charges the Canadians extra after the item is delivered while the American customers just get there package.

only if they ship UPS, and to a lesser extent FedEx. USPS doesnt charge extra. Also, currently have 54 bagged and boarded comics in a lot on ebay, 11.5 pounds. Can ship to Florida for $35, Hawaii/Cali/Tex for just under $40.

CanadaPost/USPS is the way its sent, both coming and going. Obviously for 11.5 pounds, the rush options jack it way up.

I just can't let it go.... lol

The only urban legend is that your seller paid less than $20 to ship that package. The guy lost at least $5.

It's totally incorrect that it depends where you ship it from in the US - the price stays the same. If you use the calculator, the price on a 2 pound Priority Box is $25.80 (or $24.51 if you use click and ship).

If you actually go onine and print up postage from Buffalo, NY to Niagara Falls, Ontario, it costs $24.51 for click and ship ($25.80 in a post office).

Now if I send that EXACT package from San Diego, CA to Niagara Falls, Ontario, it costs...wait for it...$24.51 for click and ship ($25.80 in a post office).

There is absolutely no way to deliver a 2lb package with accurate tracking from the US to Canada for under $24.51. If you can use that calculator or the click n ship site to demonstrate a lower price for Priority, I'll gladly apologize and thank you for showing me a better way.

I just can't let it go.... lol

The only urban legend is that your seller paid less than $20 to ship that package. The guy lost at least $5.

It's totally incorrect that it depends where you ship it from in the US - the price stays the same. If you use the calculator, the price on a 2 pound Priority Box is $25.80 (or $24.51 if you use click and ship).

If you actually go onine and print up postage from Buffalo, NY to Niagara Falls, Ontario, it costs $24.51 for click and ship ($25.80 in a post office).

Now if I send that EXACT package from San Diego, CA to Niagara Falls, Ontario, it costs...wait for it...$24.51 for click and ship ($25.80 in a post office).

There is absolutely no way to deliver a 2lb package with accurate tracking from the US to Canada for under $24.51. If you can use that calculator or the click n ship site to demonstrate a lower price for Priority, I'll gladly apologize and thank you for showing me a better way.

Solar's right - when shipping USPS Priority to Canada, the cost is the same no matter where you're located in the US.

Quick rant here about shipping cost.

I do NOT turn a profit on the cost of shipping. The cardboard, bubble packing, shipping peanuts and packing tape all cost me $$. And don't forget the confirmation # that MUST be included on each and every package I ship. So rest assured if I charge someone $6.05 on eBay to ship the book and it shows up only costing $5.85 I did NOT come out ahead.

Oh, and eBay charges me a fee for my shipping cost too so... (shrug)

/rant off

Quick rant here about shipping cost.

I do NOT turn a profit on the cost of shipping. The cardboard, bubble packing, shipping peanuts and packing tape all cost me $$. And don't forget the confirmation # that MUST be included on each and every package I ship. So rest assured if I charge someone $6.05 on eBay to ship the book and it shows up only costing $5.85 I did NOT come out ahead.

Oh, and eBay charges me a fee for my shipping cost too so... (shrug)

/rant off

+1