• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

the 9.9 is at 200 so tempted to bid on that bad boy... nice copy!!!! The true super collector.. Love how it saids mint under the 9.9..

the 9.9 PGX for 55 dollars, was a mega deal. Whoever bought it yesterday is lucky they ALSO didnt ship to Canada, or all you would have saw was a sold sign.

Edited by eisley

@itsjustryan - I kept looking to see how your 9.9 was doing on ebay and couldnt find it. Then i switched over to .com and found it (I am Canadian, was on .ca) and see that you are only shipping to the US. To me that is just nuts, anyone selling in North America and doing US only and excluding Canada is just slicing a huge chunk(millions) of possible bidders out of the auction.

Canada has the highest internet usage/e-commerce purchases per capita in the WORLD, our dollar is currently worth more than the USD, (so buying USD stuff is a bargain right now), AND the USPS has all the same flat-rate services you (and everyone else) use to ship to the US, servicing Canada.

Millions of potential bidders, available with the same shipping service you already have in the auction, completely blocked from even seeing it? that's craaaazy.

Sorry my Canadian friend. This was an oversight on my part. I will ship to Canada and will see if I can make an adjustment on the item. Thanks for the info for the future though! Ryan

the 9.9 is at 200 so tempted to bid on that bad boy... nice copy!!!! The true super collector.. Love how it saids mint under the 9.9..

the 9.9 PGX for 55 dollars, was a mega deal. Whoever bought it yesterday is lucky they ALSO didnt ship to Canada, or all you would have saw was a sold sign.

I don't know, $55 for a CGC 9.6 sounds like a bit much (shrug)

Fatale is a mini-series

the end of the run was announced later and tanked the book. the 9.9 auction sub-title says it all. "the next walking dead?" is what people are chasing with all these Image books.

If and when that gets taken off the table for any of them, implosion occurs. ToT is the "next walking dead", if there is one.

Revival is a good story, and its variants or ultra high CGCs will sell well. The main books are stalled hard, due to huge print run, and over abundance on ebay.

Huge print run? If everyone in my small town got one, there would be none left for the rest of the world.

ive mentioned it before, but will again.

if members have a concern that other boardies may be going overboard due to CGCing these modern books, tha ti can understand.

what i cannot understand is getting on someone that picks up 10 of these books a month. firstly that less then $30 a month and more importantly, that person is supporting a comic book that is owned by its creator. its not stuffed to the gills with ads and other like the big two's books are.

i dont know what you guys do for hobbies, but $30 a month is nothing when it comes to hobbies for me.

I don't know if I can honestly believe that statement.

A guy loves a comic book so much that he goes out and buys 10 copies to support it?

Plus you're talking about $30 a month....for one comic....for the month. There are PLENTY of other good stories to read out there, and Revival isn't even the best one. I personally have enjoyed MTG and Secret more. Also, someone is going to spend $30 on 15 minutes of entertainment. That sounds like entertainment of the adult kind to me.

Edited by Chi Bamm

Also, someone is going to spend $30 on 15 minutes of entertainment. That sounds like entertainment of the adult kind to me.

I agree with this, it is a problem for moderns across the board. Even $4 for more like 7 minutes is a bit steep as entertainment goes.

if members have a concern that other boardies may be going overboard due to CGCing these modern books, tha ti can understand.

what i cannot understand is getting on someone that picks up 10 of these books a month. firstly that less then $30 a month and more importantly, that person is supporting a comic book that is owned by its creator. its not stuffed to the gills with ads and other like the big two's books are.

i dont know what you guys do for hobbies, but $30 a month is nothing when it comes to hobbies for me.

A guy loves a comic book so much that he goes out and buys 10 copies to support it?

Plus you're talking about $30 a month....for one comic....for the month. There are PLENTY of other good stories to read out there, and Revival isn't even the best one. I personally have enjoyed MTG and Secret more. Also, someone is going to spend $30 on 15 minutes of entertainment. That sounds like entertainment of the adult kind to me.

I partially agree with both of you here. Comics are relatively cheap as hobbies go. My golfing buddies dump $150 sometimes on a single round. Revival is a great story and I would buy it even if I wasn't selling a few. But, it's not my favorite storyline right now. I'm really digging The Manhattan Projects and am also reading Saga, ToT, and TWD (of course).

i guess it's not for everyone. works for me though. Saga and Revival are the books i do this for. i read other comics as well, just pick up one (or two if i like the cover) to read.

i've only been collecting since the spring, so maybe my views will change over time.

MTG is ok. it's actually the first book im considering dropping because it's getting stale imo.

i'd also like to say that people keep talking about "large print runs".

im the collector that likes to buy my comics off the rack. once the month is over (or sooner it seems) where can i go to buy these comics i collect? im not interested in paying S&H fees for comics that were released during a time period that i was/am a collector.

@itsjustryan - I kept looking to see how your 9.9 was doing on ebay and couldnt find it. Then i switched over to .com and found it (I am Canadian, was on .ca) and see that you are only shipping to the US. To me that is just nuts, anyone selling in North America and doing US only and excluding Canada is just slicing a huge chunk(millions) of possible bidders out of the auction.

Canada has the highest internet usage/e-commerce purchases per capita in the WORLD, our dollar is currently worth more than the USD, (so buying USD stuff is a bargain right now), AND the USPS has all the same flat-rate services you (and everyone else) use to ship to the US, servicing Canada.

Millions of potential bidders, available with the same shipping service you already have in the auction, completely blocked from even seeing it? that's craaaazy.

Sorry, but I won't ship to Canada ever again (at least until I sell enough items on eBay to where I get the funds in my account instantly).

I had to ship something to a Canadian buyer (reluctantly I might add, because he kept nagging me to sell it to him even though I specified only shipping to US), and of course, since there was no tracking information once it leaves the US, I ended up not getting my funds for almost 30 days cause it used the default "estimated time of arrival + 3 days", which came to just under 30 days.

I really needed that money too at the time, so I was furious I had to wait so long.

So yes, Canada may just be North America's hat, super close, and cutting off "millions" of potential bidders, but that still doesn't negate the fact that it takes way too long to get your money from the sale.

Edited by roastedbagel

Sorry, but I won't ship to Canada ever again (at least until I sell enough items on eBay to where I get the funds in my account instantly).

I had to ship something to a Canadian buyer (reluctantly I might add, because he kept nagging me to sell it to him even though I specified only shipping to US), and of course, since there was no tracking information once it leaves the US, I ended up not getting my funds for almost 30 days cause it used the default "estimated time of arrival + 3 days", which came to just under 30 days.

I really needed that money too at the time, so I was furious I had to wait so long.

So yes, Canada may just be North America's hat, super close, and cutting off "millions" of potential bidders, but that still doesn't negate the fact that it takes way too long to get your money from the sale.

+1 until I build up enough transactions

Sorry my Canadian friend. This was an oversight on my part. I will ship to Canada and will see if I can make an adjustment on the item. Thanks for the info for the future though! Ryan

cool, no worries, just want to see you maximize your potential profit. No 9.9 has ever been listed on .ca yet, so I am sure it will pull some bids, and definitely worth doing for all your auctions.

No offense, but what are you talking about? I buy stuff shipped by USPS every day on ebay, and it tracks right to my door, on their site. Most of it arrives in <10 days, depending how far away they are.

For CGC books, if they ship priority, I have had it in 2 days, from Cali, and I live 2 hours from Detroit....

Having your money locked by Ebay sounds like it has more to do with you being a new seller, than anything to do with Canada. USPS tracks right to the door, here's a 9.6 ToT #1.....

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=CF000978159US

:), amusing, and fitting for this forum, but if the 9.9s are advertised as potential "next walking dead"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WALKING-DEAD-1-PGX-9-8-NM-MINT-SS-Double-Signed-Moore-and-Kirkman-NR-/120926302238

The difference between the PGX 9.8 SS and CGC 9.8 SS as a % is much MUCH smaller than the PAID $55.00 for the PGX 9.9 Revival, and the 200 or greater that the CGC is closing out for.

Thus, were it ever somehow to become the next walking dead, as I said, that was one heck of a deal.

No offense, but what are you talking about? I buy stuff shipped by USPS every day on ebay, and it tracks right to my door, on their site. Most of it arrives in <10 days, depending how far away they are.

For CGC books, if they ship priority, I have had it in 2 days, from Cali, and I live 2 hours from Detroit....

Having your money locked by Ebay sounds like it has more to do with you being a new seller, than anything to do with Canada. USPS tracks right to the door, here's a 9.6 ToT #1.....

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=CF000978159US

I can't see the details cause apparently you can only go back 60 days on your sold items (seriously?), but anyway, I remember gettin an 'L' tracking number which I chalked it up to being shipping out of the country, I'm trying my hardest to remember, but I don't know if I chose Priority, or the one below that. It was a KidRobot 8' Dunny, so it was in a box, not too big at all.

The estimated delivery time it gave was 25 days, I thought that was absurd, I'm in Florida, but Canada isn't all that far away. Yes, its on the opposite side of the country, but I've shipped things to the tip of North America and it's got there in just a couple of days. Heck, that same week I shipped another Dunny to a guy in Hawaii and he received it in like 4 days using Priority. That's way farther away than to Canada. Perhaps it got held up in customs, who knows, but sure enough, the estimated time was right on point. And again, it wouldn't track anything after it left the US, therefore it went by the estimated time, rather than actual delivery date.

All in all it was just a really crappy experience that left a horrible taste in my mouth, more for eBay/Paypal, not Canada :)

However because of that, I won't ship to Canada anymore if selling something on eBay. Here on the boards? Sure I will.

Edited by roastedbagel

I partially agree with both of you here. Comics are relatively cheap as hobbies go. My golfing buddies dump $150 sometimes on a single round. Revival is a great story and I would buy it even if I wasn't selling a few. But, it's not my favorite storyline right now. I'm really digging The Manhattan Projects and am also reading Saga, ToT, and TWD (of course).

Oh, I'm not going to argue with you there. There are some ridiculously expensive hobbies for people to get into. But even in our own hobby there is the upper echelon of collectors (the recent Tec #1 purchase comes to mind) that can afford to spend some money.

But don't tell me that the guy buys 10 copies of a comic book to support the creative team and the comic. That's complete wildly_fanciful_statement.

There is nothing wrong with wanting a comic book to be hot or increase in value. Deep down inside we all want every comic we own to skyrocket in value. Even if we don't want to sell just to know, "Yep, I was right about that one." It's just the free admissions of hoarding that is surprising me. It seems counter productive.

You know people look at these boards. They see this thread. It may affect prices, it may not.

BTW, I really just want to talk about the comic. Nothing we argue about changes anything but we can have a fun conversation about it.