• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Sure,thats why #1 of Bedlam was sold out 5 weeks before its release date.

All those people who had never heard of it, accidently buying it, leading to a sell out.

Seriously mate - most dealers aren't ordering 200 copies to line their toilet walls with - they are for customers who know about this comic,like the previews, and ordered it.

As for revival - again,too many impatient people getting spooked.

Let them sell cheap - people get a bargain on ebay.

Like TWD,Chew etc the price will stabilize when buyer demand meets sellers stock.

Too many seller - tis all.

I'm happy hanging onto mine,as is every boardie I respect on here.

Theres a reason we are keeping them......

Why are prices dropping on the #1's at the moment? There seems to be a sharp decline in prices in the last few weeks. A 9.8 can be bought for $59 on the Bay at the moment.

My guess is there's no word of mouth outside of this board. I have strong feeling Bedlam will be there same...

Revival is getting lots of good buzz and has routinely sold out at all the comic shops in Pittsburgh and South Eastern Ohio. It's release on the same day as Walking Dead 100 worked to its advantage. The sketch cover is solid and the 1:10 and Third Eye variants are solid. The general cover is a good buy in nm/m at $10 ... I know lots of smart buyers who have been picking up all the covers raw for SS and while I'm not obsessed with the comic like many on the board, I think it's going to continue to pick up new readers. The writing's great and the art is great. It's a great book. I'm afraid that you have some unreal expectations because of the success of comics like Thief of Thieves and Saga. I've read the comixology preview of Bedlam and I think it's going to be a solid book. I don't know that we'll see prices like Thief of Thieves, but I'm confident that it will do well in the retail and secondary market as long as it comes out on a regular basis and maintains the quality of the first 22 pages I read.

Sure,thats why #1 of Bedlam was sold out 5 weeks before its release date.

All those people who had never heard of it, accidently buying it, leading to a sell out.

Seriously mate - most dealers aren't ordering 200 copies to line their toilet walls with - they are for customers who know about this comic,like the previews, and ordered it.

As for revival - again,too many impatient people getting spooked.

Let them sell cheap - people get a bargain on ebay.

Like TWD,Chew etc the price will stabilize when buyer demand meets sellers stock.

Too many seller - tis all.

I'm happy hanging onto mine,as is every boardie I respect on here.

Theres a reason we are keeping them......

The price of Revival is exactly what it is supposed to be. It was just released! I think you have unreasonable expectations for the price of a modern that's first issue is still sitting on shelves in certain spots for cover price.

Why are prices dropping on the #1's at the moment? There seems to be a sharp decline in prices in the last few weeks. A 9.8 can be bought for $59 on the Bay at the moment.

My guess is there's no word of mouth outside of this board. I have strong feeling Bedlam will be there same...

Revival is getting lots of good buzz and has routinely sold out at all the comic shops in Pittsburgh and South Eastern Ohio. It's release on the same day as Walking Dead 100 worked to its advantage. The sketch cover is solid and the 1:10 and Third Eye variants are solid. The general cover is a good buy in nm/m at $10 ... I know lots of smart buyers who have been picking up all the covers raw for SS and while I'm not obsessed with the comic like many on the board, I think it's going to continue to pick up new readers. The writing's great and the art is great. It's a great book. I'm afraid that you have some unreal expectations because of the success of comics like Thief of Thieves and Saga. I've read the comixology preview of Bedlam and I think it's going to be a solid book. I don't know that we'll see prices like Thief of Thieves, but I'm confident that it will do well in the retail and secondary market as long as it comes out on a regular basis and maintains the quality of the first 22 pages I read.

I certainly don't have unreal expectations with this book. I'm in for the long haul with it. I was simply asking for other peoples opinions about the sharp drop in prices. I'm not jumping ship, that's for sure.

No doubt, that sounded a lot worse when I read it to myself than I intended it. I guess my point was that I don't see it demanding big numbers this early with the print run that it had and with the three variant covers that are also out there for people to chase.

Always Ebb & Flow until some type of catalyst happens....on the same day (Oct 11) 2 copies of 1:10, similar grade, sold for $19.99 & $38.00. Not a whole lot of sense when it comes to ebay auctions at times.

Unless you dump all your copies at the first peak, you may as well hold on for the ride a bit. Some people like a quick profit initially, others like the gamble of waiting to see what happens down the road.

Edited by krighton

What happened / is happening is that everyone rushed into this book thinking it was going to be the next Thief of Thieves (performance / resell wise) and forced a pretty big print run (for a Seeley book) and now there is more supply then demand.

I find it better than Thief of Thieves (which I stopped buying at #3) but what is happening is that it is settling to its appropriate price. It is only three issues old.

The prices will increase eventually.

Using Saga as an example (which has moved to a $20-$25 book raw with a print run double Revival) it will take its first arc to complete to see where things go in regards to prices.

re: Image sellouts...marketing...they print to order with a small percentage of overprinting to cover returns...every issue is a sellout just not advertised as such

Edited by umyeahwhatevers

If anyone is going to be at NYCC this weekend I got inside info that Jenny Frison is going to be at the Hoax Hunters table in Artist Alley. But she's going to be spotty.

I saw Jenny and spoke to her about some covers . She had cover to 3 & I believe issue 4. There was also a colored version that was 350-400.

I grabbed her contact info if anyone is interested in original art.

And let me tell you, she's a hottie ! :cloud9:

If anyone is going to be at NYCC this weekend I got inside info that Jenny Frison is going to be at the Hoax Hunters table in Artist Alley. But she's going to be spotty.

I saw Jenny and spoke to her about some covers . She had cover to 3 & I believe issue 4. There was also a colored version that was 350-400.

Isnt she though. :cloud9: What a beautiful young woman. Very articulate and she loves comics. Good lord some guys is gonna get really lucky when he locks her up. College degree and then went to Kubert school. Heck I didnt know she did covers for Hack Slash as well. Seeley gave her the first break on Hack Slash.

Isnt she though. :cloud9: What a beautiful young woman. Very articulate and she loves comics. Good lord some guys is gonna get really lucky when he locks her up. College degree and then went to Kubert school. Heck I didnt know she did covers for Hack Slash as well. Seeley gave her the first break on Hack Slash.

Some jock who's into Football will probably win her heart and not appreciate her nerdness! :cry:

Just found out this got done EE556EC3-89C5-4221-B9D7-6BCE79AEB7A5-3029-000006A868384571.jpg Apparently Seeley got super excited it was a troy blank of revival and did his own thing. I personally love it! Can't wait to actually have it in person. :banana:

That is fantastic.

Good work fella (thumbs u