• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

now that issue 4 is out, I actually have several subscribers dropping the title...I think the story is ok, but nothing earth shattering...doesn't bode well for long term "health" of this title, methinks

now that issue 4 is out, I actually have several subscribers dropping the title...I think the story is ok, but nothing earth shattering...doesn't bode well for long term "health" of this title, methinks

Weird. I thinks it's getting better. BUT, they do drag the story out a LONG time.

Ryan

Edited by ItsJustRyan

any other titles that people dropped that went on to be a success?

I think alot of people have a short attention span...they have a hard time with the 'build up' of a plot.

Edited by krighton

i was going to ask how many dumped ToT after 4 issues, or Peter Panzerfaust...all it takes is one little bump of news to change everything. And Revival has the right stuff to make a pretty entertaining tv show.

Print run from #2 to #3 went up about 3500 copies....be interesting to see if there's a fall off after #4.

Edited by krighton

Weird. I thinks it's getting better. BUT, they do drag the story out a LONG time.

Ryan

I'm with you (thumbs u

Ryan

I'm with you (thumbs u

Yep, I was really vocal in support of this when it started, but like Mind the Gap it needs to start picking up the pace a little. Maybe it has to do with most Image books currently being written with an eye towards film and tv.

i think its more likely people following the price, because they are down, bailing out. I doubt its people dropping on the story, but rather speculators moving on.

i think its more likely people following the price, because they are down, bailing out. I doubt its people dropping on the story, but rather speculators moving on.

I think it may be just that. Well impatient card collector speculators.

not at my stores. We don't have a single speculator buying these issues. All readers (thumbs u

Long hall... mind the gap was a bust.. after issue # 2 the famous error issue....

revival.. still a subscriber.. love the story line great artwork..

Revival, saga, walking dead, sub list probably bedlam will be added on my subscription list.. as well

Edited by Muaythai607

G.A.tor has the gift of knowing the hearts & intentions of comic collectors. Spooky.
simply a matter of talking to and getting to know your customers (and I know every single subscriber we have!) Diamond damages a lot of our comics, rarely an issue , as folks actually read and talk about the stories in my store (thumbs u

Raw regular cover #1s actually seem to be climbing a bit lately on ebay, with a few straight auctions ending in the $15-20 range (including shipping). It can still be had cheaper in lots and auctions that slip through the cracks, but it seems to be trending up.

so what are customers saying about the story.
the two that dropped said once it went alien it lost them. I think the story is ok but nothing great. And it is progressing very slowly IMO