• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

i liked the Superior Spider-man, then again i haven't read a ton of spidey the last few years. Which i think was the whole idea, to spark interest, since the title has been flagging.

Edited by krighton

Not reading comics you are trying to flip is like betting on football without watching the games...just sayin.

I'm not trying to bash or undermine, I'm just trying to understand the logic behind it.

I will proudly flip the hell out of anything Superior Spider-Man related right now and would certainly not be caught dead reading it.

+1

I definitely stand corrected.

I just hate to see good stories go unappreciated.

Are you saying the Superior Spidey story arc is good? :devil::baiting:

I haven't read it to be honest. It really hasn't caught my interest in the slightest. Although I have heard some good things about Slott's run on ASM. I'm reading his stuff from Avengers Intiative and it's pretty good fun stuff.

Marvel hasn't really impressed me lately as a whole. Hawkeye is absolutely fantastic. I'm amazed that I actually got one right when I thought the book would be succesful in the after market.

I think that now we are past the 1st story arc (And beyond the mythical #4) and readers are still singing it's praise is helping a continual (Although slow), growth in demand.

I don't usually flip / speculate so I'm happy in slow and steady growth. All of my multiples have already been off-loaded and I'm happy with a single copy of each book for my collection.

It's also good to see the #1 9.8's knocking on the door of $100

Surprised I don't see more chatter in the modern age section about that. We talk about Saga hitting $35+ but not Revival #1 hitting $30?

4 pages back, on page 385

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=260514&Number=6290823#Post6290823

AH-HA! Thanks for the link. I missed it. Been busy this last week and just didn't see the chatter.

A reprint of #1 six months later?

The Phantom program is setting up / building Revival endcap displays in 50+ retail stores worldwide to expand Revival's fanbase.

Soooo, yeah.

I'm reprinting them ALL.

And you know what?

I'll sleep just fine tonight...

The Phantom program is setting up / building Revival endcap displays in 50+ retail stores worldwide to expand Revival's fanbase.

Soooo, yeah.

I'm reprinting them ALL.

And you know what?

Looks awesome! I cant wait to get my hands on em.

I agree, this will only help the fanbase grow. The speculators might not like it but the collectors and fans will.

Soooo, yeah.

I'm reprinting them ALL.

And you know what?

I agree, this will only help the fanbase grow. The speculators might not like it but the collectors and fans will.

I have no problem with Larry or the Phantom programme but as someone who has every Revival book in 9.8 (first and later printings and previews) and lives in the UK I am not sure I like this.

I really do hope these will grow the fanbase of Revival and bring in new readers but suddenly my collection is going to get harder and far more expensive to maintain.

Having said that though, Larry the books look great and I wish the programme luck. Frison's art is fantastic and having more is certainly not a bad thing.

Quick question though, will there be more than the reprints of #1 to 5?

Soooo, yeah.

I'm reprinting them ALL.

And you know what?

I have no problem with Larry or the Phantom programme but as someone who has every Revival book in 9.8 (first and later printings and previews) and lives in the UK I am not sure I like this.

I really do hope these will grow the fanbase of Revival and bring in new readers but suddenly my collection is going to get harder and far more expensive to maintain.

Having said that though, Larry the books look great and I wish the programme luck. Frison's art is fantastic and having more is certainly not a bad thing.

Quick question though, will there be another more the reprints of #1 to 5

So far only 1 through 12.

Soooo, yeah.

I'm reprinting them ALL.

And you know what?

Thanks Man!

Revival was my favorite new horror title of 2012.

I speculated on it pretty heavy too.

#1 features a blank back for sketching.

#2-12 backs feature a virgin image.

Here's another..

1356784711611.jpg

Hey Larry -

Will these be available as sets? Just curious?

Ryan

I'm purchasing with constructing sets in mind.

Obviously, a retailer will have to plan accordingly.

I'm rolling out #1 with #6, #2 with #7, #3 with #8 ect...

There will be 50+ shops carrying these by the end of 2013.