• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

because the grays (although they look nicer) are reprints of the cover

really? i would think if anything, the pencils are more still in development and the tones which are over the blue-lines are truer to the actual cover..

though, i suppose to nit-pick, both are appropriately the cover art to me..

did you frame that yourself or go to a michaels type store. I have a few things i'd like framed but local stores are crazy expensive.
did you frame that yourself or go to a michaels type store. I have a few things i'd like framed but local stores are crazy expensive.

Did it myself with a tape measure and the local Arron Brothers. It was an experiment that went well. Next I am going to try to figure out a way to frame the 6 variants of twd 98-103 with Negan and Lucille on the cheap. I got a quote of almost 300 on that project. Those variants are definitely not worth that

I bought one of those covers..they are too pretty not to..

Can we talk about how much cooler the tones are over the pencils?? Why would anyone spend $600 on pencils when the grays are 250!

Which one did you get? #7? We can talk all day long about how the gray tones > the line art.

9..I think? (Digging up the grave)..personally I like them all but I didn't wanna be that guy to buy everything..

Are you getting one?

So yeah..I am guessing I am not alone in that the gray tones are way cooler than the pencils?

Edited by Jerry S

Paolo at Cadence emailed me with some juicy pieces he just got in that will be going up for sale -- I thought I would share before they are on his site:

ccf1227201200013.jpg

ccf1227201200014.jpg

ccf1227201200012.jpg

ccf1227201200011.jpg

ccf1227201200010.jpg

ccf1227201200009.jpg

ccf1227201200008.jpg

ccf1227201200007.jpg

ccf1227201200006.jpg

ccf1227201200005.jpg

ccf1227201200004.jpg

ccf1227201200003.jpg

Variant Cover4

and tones

Variant Cover5

and tones

Cover9

and tones

Cover8

and tones

Variant Cover6

and tones

Cover7

and tones

The pencils are $600 each and the tones are $250

Know when they'll be up for sale? Also, do you have first dibs before they're up? If so I'd like to bribe...errm...talk to you please :D

they are available now, arent they? some were available at NYCC

Paolo didn't go to NYCC - I don't think these were available there -- I asked Paolo to email me when he got new stuff in -- so I don't think these were available until just a few days ago -- but I could be wrong..

Know when they'll be up for sale? Also, do you have first dibs before they're up? If so I'd like to bribe...errm...talk to you please :D

Shoot Paolo a message, he is super friendly - contact form on his site

Edited by Jerry S

Just a few weeks ago i thought i had overbought Revival #1...not really that worried now.

I've always thought it's a bad idea to seem desperate when auctioning comics

http://www.ebay.com/itm/image-REVIVAL-1-2-THIRD-EYE-COMICS-SECOND-PRINT-OF-1-FREE-COMIC-3-4-/190780508864?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c6b678ac0

Considering a Revival 9.6 sold for $60, that seems odd