• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Great article, which expresses my sentiments exactly. Saga not withstanding, Revival is one of the most original books I've read in years. Unfortunately this is the same thing that happened to Fables with Once Upon a Time. For me, that was a deal breaker... This is just icing on the cake... I hope someone has the goose eggs to challenge ABC sooner rather than later. That creatives would work for them blatantly ripping off other creatives is horrible. They deserve a little bad karma...

This kind of behavior is probably why they are #3 in "free tv" rankings. :P Just above NBC, which doesn't even try... :D

ABC tests my ability to restrain myself when I happen to come across the channel. Something about it makes me feel like I'm losing brain cells when watching. Maybe it's all the commercials for "Pretty Little Liars" lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Revival-1-Third-Eye-Awesome-Conventions-Exclusive-World-Wide-shipping-NM-/251218588581

what is this, anyone? 10+ , listed today, and the position of the logos seem different.

Looks like the Third Eye variant to me. I have seen images of the logo in two different places, but all the prints I have held had them in the same location (can't remember if it was up top of at the bottom).

its bottom, i checked my 9.8. The same user is selling 3 different ones, the one i linked, and then two COA garbage sets. It's just odd that he has so much stock of such a limited run book.

its bottom, i checked my 9.8. The same user is selling 3 different ones, the one i linked, and then two COA garbage sets. It's just odd that he has so much stock of such a limited run book.

Indeed. I talked to Steve @ third eye and he said he retains 50-100 of store exclusives so I wonder if this seller might have tapped into those (theory 1). They could have bought up a bunch and have been sitting on them (theory 2). They could have a master plan to take everyone's Revival money and cross the boarder (a stretch theory 3).

Feel really awful that this is happening to Tim and Mike. I've never met them, but from what I've read from their interviews, they seem like two of the most genuine and hardest working dudes in the business.

I suppose there's a possibility that this is all a coincidence, but with ABC's track record regarding Fables and Once Upon a Time, I'm having a hard time believing their show is based on an unpublished book. Hope Revival still makes it to TV and blows that copycat show out of the water.