• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Keep in mind WD grew to these heights after 10 years of growth, over 100 issues and a 3rd season of a Tv show.

Yes, but WD was the trailblazer, and the post-WD comics market is an entirely different animal. It clearly doesn't take much for a book to hit big dollars these days. It does not take a 10-year gestation period for a book to hit $200 - $300 raw, or $600 - $800 in 9.8 (Peter Panzerfaust, Sixth Gun, etc). Everyone is now looking for "the next Walking Dead", and the market is responding accordingly.

What you are describing is irrational exuberance. Everyone IS chasing the "next WALKING DEAD", when the prospects of another WD are extremely slim.

By all means, collectors should spend whatever they want to spend, collect whatever they want to collect. They just shouldn't expect to recoup, let alone profit from, the money spent. I'm speaking of collectors...the day traders will do fine.

And this is the bubble that is due to pop any day now.

Keep in mind WD grew to these heights after 10 years of growth, over 100 issues and a 3rd season of a Tv show.

Yes, but WD was the trailblazer, and the post-WD comics market is an entirely different animal. It clearly doesn't take much for a book to hit big dollars these days. It does not take a 10-year gestation period for a book to hit $200 - $300 raw, or $600 - $800 in 9.8 (Peter Panzerfaust, Sixth Gun, etc). Everyone is now looking for "the next Walking Dead", and the market is responding accordingly.

What you are describing is irrational exuberance. Everyone IS chasing the "next WALKING DEAD", when the prospects of another WD are extremely slim.

By all means, collectors should spend whatever they want to spend, collect whatever they want to collect. They just shouldn't expect to recoup, let alone profit from, the money spent. I'm speaking of collectors...the day traders will do fine.

And this is the bubble that is due to pop any day now.

:fingerscrossed:

The only Problem I have is with you stating " That Hulk44 didn't have to pay $7500" ... My problem with that is : If I wait, I could lose the book.. Another deal could be struck at any minute here, we are talking about the only 10 CGC SS out there..What happens if I blink, poof it's gone..Yes, I coulda of waited and maybe, just maybe got the book for less, but another deal could of been struck, or a buy it now on Ebay..There are many people out there with deeper pockets then me, do I risk it, NO WAY, not me...SO, I pay an extra $2500, It doesn't bother me, I got the book I want, and if I blinked, I coulda lost everything..

Poker, funny, I am a huge Gambler, have a sports acount and everything. My game is CRAPS, LOVE craps, get free rooms all the time in AC...SO yes, I have seen people lose big time, I read the story with the $50,000 loss without a blink of an eye, I saw a WHALE once come to the table, Never saw a WHALE before, WHALE meaning this guy has millions to burn, he freaken lost $450,000 in a matter of 30 minutes...Just funny when you posted the Poker story, I am a Gambler, Big Time...lol

Yes, you could have lost the book to someone else. Yes, there are deeper pockets. But what were the odds that there was another buyer at $7500? All the evidence points to you as the top buyer for this title. Has anyone else beat you for a 9.9? Odds were, you had no competition for the book at that level, so in essence, you bid against yourself. You could have countered safely. It's a calculated risk, but as a gambler, you should know all about that.

Of course, the money may mean nothing to you, you got your "grail", and if you're happy, that's all that matters. Despite the Monday-morning quarterbacking, I sincerely say "congratulations".

Congrats to Hulk and Court.

They are both happy, so why the need to pour the scorn.

Draw a line and lets move on.

Anyone feel the pace needs upping a little in the next 2-3 issues?